Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The effect/affect of feminism on the American familial structure.

Poster
    I think the thing to remember is all women aren't this way.

Many women have had abortions and take personal responsibility for the choice they made.

I would think that not many brag about it.

Sometimes I wonder at the difference in the killing of a fetus and the killing in war.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Since i am not american, nor my wife, therefore i am not permitted according to the laws of on topicidness, to insert my opinion in this thread.
    sorry.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Since i am not american, nor my wife, therefore i am not permitted according to the laws of on topicidness, to insert my opinion in this thread.
    sorry.
    Dear Zed-

As it appears this thread has gone begging for lack of recent input, please disregard your prior understanding of applicable decorum(s).
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    sorry.
    Dear Zed-

As it appears this thread has gone begging for lack of recent input, please disregard your prior understanding of applicable decorum(s).

Indeed. Thank God for Everose. Keeping my sad wittle thread Alive!!!
    No pun intended.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluniverse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    Im looking for more on the breakdown of the family pertaining to women wanting to wait longer to have children,feeling the need to "keep up" with men in the workforce, and also how much of "sexplotation" is a result of the movement and the idea of a woman not being ashamed of her body....free love etc. ........................

1. this assumes there is a "breakdown" of the family at all.

2. this assumes women are trying to "keep up" with men in any way.

3. this assumes sexploitation has anything to do with the womens movement at all.

1. There is no "breakdown". The "family" has changed. Get over it.

2. Women (in general) aren't trying to keep up with anyone. We are simply doing. The fact that it would be nice to have equal pay and oppotunity is another story.

3. Sexploitation is not new, has always existed and is not the result of "the movement". Sexploitation is not even necessarily a problem if you take the "ploitation" part out. The idea of women as sexual beings has always frightened the patriarchy and that's why it was made taboo.

That help?
    Brilliant post Bluiverse, clear, unemotional; a female view of life in America..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123