Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun's - Good Or Bad?

Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    in america there is a huge collection of bow hunters
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Originally posted by Tikibonbon@5 June 2003 - 13:36
    I, as an avid sportsman do not experiene these things, then again i have taken steps in the proper handling of guns so as not to. now these people who just by guns to "protect" their family and just put it under their pillow, or because their favorite music personality portrays an image of being cool by having one, well those are a different matter. and before i get flamed for my liking of the hunt, please understand it is more than just killing an animal, but it is a chance to truely enjoy nature in a way the majority of people never have the chance to do.

p.s., don't automobiles cause more hurt, pain, aggresion, and sadness on a daily basis?
    Well, you had a point until you meandered into illogic with cars. This is like highschool level thinking, at best.

If you have a valid argument, present it and let the chips fall where they may, don't grasp at straw horses to justify yourself, it degrades credibility.

My theory is this. If I really have to explain the difference to you, between guns and cars, then I have just wasted my time, as you just don't "get it".

I believe that most people who present this argument are engaging in "intellectual dishonesty". They use this to justify, to others, their behavior, knowing full well the fallacy in logic. These people irritate me.

BTW, you'd better get going, it is a long walk to work.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Fasttracker A
    Why do I bother.Guns are also produced for and with protection in mind.
    If we didnt need protection we wouldnt need guns.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@5 June 2003 - 13:15

If you have a valid argument, present it and let the chips fall where they may, don't grasp at straw horses to justify yourself, it degrades credibility.

My theory is this. If I really have to explain the difference to you, between guns and cars, then I have just wasted my time, as you just don't "get it".

I believe that most people who present this argument are engaging in "intellectual dishonesty". They use this to justify, to others, their behavior, knowing full well the fallacy in logic. These people irritate me.

BTW, you'd better get going, it is a long walk to work.
    thanks hobbes.

I think of course there is room for intelligent debate here, but it is relatively simple, to me, even a child can see it, and i hope they do, because it is them (and their mentality) that i think we need to mould, to stop this madness at the moment.
    Start with the big companies, more and more education in school.....

and well, the US could go a long way by making the "first step", so to speak, in actually making a move and doing something.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    sorry to offend you there sir, hate for us "intellectually dishonesty" folk to impede on your life. anyway i'm just saying that, those feeling by caused people being shot on purpose, accident, or what have you. say your friend had an accident and was shot, would you be anyless hurt, pained or sad if they died in a car accident? no, because your friend is gone. but, more people are killed in auto accidents by far each year than by guns, but we come down hard on guns while maintaining a full tank of gas at all times.

btw: the topic starter asked for opinions, so if you want to lambast me for having an opinion, the problem lies not with me.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

6. Lounge   -   #16
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    if you want a gun get an airgun they are fun and its really hard to kill someone with. i can hit a can with a g10 from 20 metres. (just wanted to brag but the opportunity never came-up so i did it luncheon meat stylee)

7. Lounge   -   #17
    but wont less people die if there are less guns?

isnt that better for society, and indeed the world, as a whole?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    the problem is. when one person has a gun they are more powerful than his nieghbours/rivals/whatever so then they need a gun and it just snowballs. the police should be working to take them off the streets

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@5 June 2003 - 14:26
    but wont less people die if there are less guns?

isnt that better for society, and indeed the world, as a whole?
    Yes ,in a perfect world though.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by nahan@5 June 2003 - 13:30

Yes ,in a perfect world though.
    i dont think this would make it perfect as such, more a world where there are less deaths, people would still destroy eachother, but nowhere near on the scale of nowadays. therefore, a much much better world IMO

its sad that this would just take.....decades, i suppose people??

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast