Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rap On The Way Out?

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    god I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    On its way out? No. Should it be? Prob. not, as long as there is a demand it'll stay. And like people have said in this thread, as long as there are clubs and parties you're gonna have rap playing (give me metal anyday).

Doesnt affect me since I don't really care, I listen to anything, mostly metal, but anything nonetheless

edit: as for a genre that should become popular? DEFINITELY NOT METAL, if that ever became popular, us real metalheads are fucked, i dont want metal to ever become a fad, its my way of life lol

one genre i wouldn't mind coming back however is jazz (no, i did not just call jazz a fad), jazz is smooth as a mofo
    So you would stop listening to Metal music if it became popular, even if the quality stayed the same? Seems a bit stupid to only listen to music that other people don't.

I've been a massive fan of many bands before they became famous and haven't stopped listening to them just because they have become world famous.

I'd say thats just you trying to put out an image that you arn't 'scene' and into 'popular' music and trying to be 'different'.
    thats exactly right of the music is still the same then Id keep istening if it just goes all out plain out shit someone like Jewel for example

lots of people stopped liking Silverchair I didnt because each album is difference

you cant win both ways I guess people complain if you sound the same every album (IE Nickleback) yet when you change your sound for another album OMG its shit that sucks its not the same!
    Last edited by Adster; 05-19-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Music   -   #22
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by St0ry View Post
    No, I don't.

If you've ever played Lumines and Lumines II for the PSP then you'd know what I mean. In trance, electronic music in general, lyrics are secondary to the beats, whereas rap is the opposite.
    You are sorta wrong. In hip-hop, a rapper can rap about Jahoogadoo-ball-all-ass-out but if the music and beats are noice it'll sell. If anything, it should have a great hook or chorus.

Throw Some D's

If rap is on it's way out, it's because white people aren't buying as much as they used to and/or songs are being illegally downloaded unlike before.

There is no other genre that hits in the clubs like hip-hop.

There is no better music to dance to other than hip-hop.

Jazz is great but it's more easy listening.

Metal is shit to dance to unless you are jumping around aimlessly in a mosh pit.

Country used to be the top music genre and tbh, it actually is kinda cool dance to (I remember doing the Boot Scoot and the Tush Push back in '92,'93ish). It will be hard for country to get back on top though.

If rap has had a decline in sales, but no other genre has surpassed it, then that would mean thet there is an overall decline in record sales and that rap is not on it's way out.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-19-2007 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Music   -   #23
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St0ry View Post
    No, I don't.

If you've ever played Lumines and Lumines II for the PSP then you'd know what I mean. In trance, electronic music in general, lyrics are secondary to the beats, whereas rap is the opposite.
    You are sorta wrong. In hip-hop, a rapper can rap about Jahoogadoo-ball-all-ass-out but if the music and beats are noice it'll sell. If anything, it should have a great hook or chorus.

Throw Some D's

If rap is on it's way out, it's because white people aren't buying as much as they used to and/or songs are being illegally downloaded unlike before.

There is no other genre that hits in the clubs like hip-hop.

There is no better music to dance to other than hip-hop.

Jazz is great but it's more easy listening.

Metal is shit to dance to unless you are jumping around aimlessly in a mosh pit.

Country used to be the top music genre and tbh, it actually is kinda cool dance to (I remember doing the Boot Scoot and the Tush Push back in '92,'93ish). It will be hard for country to get back on top though.

If rap has had a decline in sales, but no other genre has surpassed it, then that would mean thet there is an overall decline in record sales and that rap is not on it's way out.
    My original question was rooted in the fact that popular music is cyclical. For example in the 80's it was Glam Metal..Poison,Ratt,Warrant and so on. In the 90's it was Grundge...Nirvana,Soundgarden,Pearl Jam etc. Late 90's there was the Boy Bands...N'Sync..98 Degrees...Back Street Boys. This is a somewhat simplified idea but you get the point.

Somewhere along that route Rap took over the "throne". History has proven that no music stays on top for more than say...a decade. Rap has been the "big dog" for close to 10 years now. Do you think BusyMan that Rap is on the way out in that respect? If so any comments on what might be the "big dog" next?
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123