Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which sites have hit&run?

Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    buffered accounts aren't for hitting and running, they're so you can download stuff and leave it seeding, because even seeding at 2kbs is still seeding.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Galva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmon1011 View Post
    I only know OiNK that allow hit & run, other than that, it's forbidden
    TL only monitors overall ratio as well I believe, hence why I love it for my home connection that can't upload for crap.
    OiNK is the only site and I like that rule there, because that allows you to help people out that have low ratio and need as much upload as they can possibly get.

TL doesn't count Hit and Run in hours seeding, it's more like if there are relatively few people seeding and you finish downloading a torrent, then you are not allowed to hit and run. If there are enough seeds and ratio is fine then I believe they do not care. Although it's not very nice to jump on a popular download and just stop right after getting the whole thing.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i have hit and run on every tracker that's I've been a member of at one time or another w/o a single warning/ban. (including oink and sct)

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Just seed mate, give back what you have gotten SIMPLE. There is no need to do it any other way! Its what the whole P2P system relies on, so give back what ya get, ya hear!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiliana View Post
    how about hdbits.?
    hdbits doesnt have h&r

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    It seems easier to list the trackers I know of that don't give hit&run warnings:

ScT
    Bitmetv
    TBy
    ST (very lax from what I recall)

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I dont really see the reason why ANYONE should really have to hit and run. I mean technically even if your sending 2k outgoing for 7 days then it adds up.

Some people are retarded and say "oh my internet connection sucks so I cant seed" thats a total load of bull. It might take you longer to seed files but its still very possible to keep a good ratio and avoid hit and run warnings.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Seeding makes your computer a bit slow, specially when using crappy computer like me (I know, just need to buy a better computer/ram) I even need to set priority above normal/high so my utorrent can seed properly, but I have no problem though about hit & run so far

Also I heard somewhere about "why seed it? I remove it after I download the file!" although this attitude won't work on private tracker
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    here's my philosophy. I seed on torrents that are struggling and need the speed. If download a slow torrent, you can bet I'll seed it as much as possible and get a good ratio cuz of it. On the other hand, if I download a torrent that's super fast (like a lot on oink w/ dozens of seeders and I'm the only leech), it doesn't need another uploader and I won't even try. In that case, I will just stop it immediately. But I won't suffer a bad ratio because I have uploaded greater than 1:1 on many others.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    I dont really see the reason why ANYONE should really have to hit and run. I mean technically even if your sending 2k outgoing for 7 days then it adds up.

Some people are retarded and say "oh my internet connection sucks so I cant seed" thats a total load of bull. It might take you longer to seed files but its still very possible to keep a good ratio and avoid hit and run warnings.
    Sometimes I only have my laptop on the road and I have limited space and/or bandwidth. Other times I want to reserve bandwidth for other things (I mean I could up at 2kbps I guess, but practically speaking that's a hit and run anyway, even if the scripts can't detect it). Or the power could go out, hdd could crash, I could accidently delete the wrong torrent.

At the end of the day, all other things being equal, why wouldn't I prefer a site that doesn't mind hit and runs? It's just one less thing to worry about. And ironically, it's usually the better trackers that have excellent speeds and retention anyway that don't have such petty worries.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast