Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: finally gonna get a PS3....

thanks

2. Games   -   #22
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807 View Post
    Why would you say I'm young when I actually own a 360 versus reading about it?

I haven't had any hardware problems, the games I own are quite noice, and XBL is great.

I have played the Wii extensively and while it is fun in a party situation, it wears quite thin going alone. It is a Gamecube with a new controller and frankly if you already bought a Gamecube before, it is a bigger rip-off the the PS3 or 360. I had a paltry good game library for the Gamecube ffs.

You basically had to re-up $250 for the Wiimote + Virtual Console (which is another name for emulator).

I have played with ALL the systems extensively and do believe the PS3 to be the better system....later. Right now I can't fathom why anyone would want to pony up $600 for it right now.

Dude, it's $600. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

Add to that, the games are $60.

I don't get the rush.

However, go for it. It's your (or your mum's) money.
    which actually believe it or not its a fair price if you consider the built in stuff that it has as compared to 360 which you will have to buy separate add-ons....
    BTW do u knw the kinda technology PS3 has, Sony is actually losing around $250 for every premium console they sell as compared to 360 premium which makes around $150 for every console they sell....
    and BTW its my hard earned money not my mom's....
    All of the stuff about how much money Sony is losing matters none.

This games for the system right now suck ass when comparing it's price tag and I couldn't care less about Blu-Ray since I'm not gonna pay $30-$40 to buy the movies.

If there were affordable Blu-Ray burners and recordable media then that would be another story.

Btw, I didn't get a 360 'till I got a deal on it. At $400 I was willing to wait. At $300 (for the premium) I could bite.

I would recommend a Wii if you are trying to get in shape and/or have lots people over often. Other than that it's a total rip-off.

I'm sure Nintendo was thinking, "Hey we can come out with this new controller and basically make the Gamecube in a smaller box."

It lacks a robust online component, there's basically no graphical improvement, and the game volume is lacking. I think I had 10 good GC games which makes the initial cost of it unjustified when comparing my Xbox and PS2.

I wonder if the $250 for Wii will be justified.

As for the PS3, Resistance is a damn good game so that should keep you occupied although not $600 worth.

Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    MGS4 just got delayed until next March.
    So much for MGS4.

@sameer - Don't get me wrong. The PS3 has great coming but to buy it now is just ludicrous.

Heavenly Sword
    God Of War III
    MGS4

I could go on about the many exclusive games it'll have but just wait.
    not to go too far off topic, but have you even looked at the games? there are plenty of games out for the wii, adding backwards compatability of your '10 good gamecube games' is just a bonus. And lets not forget, they are always releasing games in the hundreds for ALL their consols from NES on up, give it a few months and there will be more games then you can swing a wiimote at. There was never supposed to be a major graphical improvement either, however, it is better then the gamecube on everygame I have seen so far. Getting in shape or lots of friends over? Not for me, but I still love playing my wii, and havn't gotten 1 error yet

Don't get me wrong, I like playing my buddies xbox360 too, IF/WHEN it works.
    Guess this was the beta, and the 360 elite is the final product, lmao!

I would also play the ps3 if any one i knew could afford to waste a bunch of money on a console with no games that will end up being worthless in a year, but hey, this is reality.

3. Games   -   #23
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Wii = the success story of the 7th generation console war.

Judging by the specs the Wii is twice as powerful as the Gamecube. Sure the games don't look much better now but I'm sure that later games will look much better (which is also true of the PS3). The couple of games that I do have (Wii Sports and Zelda) are so immersive that I don't even notice how good/bad the graphics are.

At its current price it's a bargain (you could buy 2.5 Wiis for what it costs for a PS3). The games are £10-20 cheaper as well.

I'll get a 360 in the run-up for christmas (hopefully they'll go down in price as that kind of money would be put to better use towards a DX10 graphics card) and the PS3 can wait until they sort their act out.

4. Games   -   #24
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807 View Post

which actually believe it or not its a fair price if you consider the built in stuff that it has as compared to 360 which you will have to buy separate add-ons....
    BTW do u knw the kinda technology PS3 has, Sony is actually losing around $250 for every premium console they sell as compared to 360 premium which makes around $150 for every console they sell....
    and BTW its my hard earned money not my mom's....
    All of the stuff about how much money Sony is losing matters none.

This games for the system right now suck ass when comparing it's price tag and I couldn't care less about Blu-Ray since I'm not gonna pay $30-$40 to buy the movies.

If there were affordable Blu-Ray burners and recordable media then that would be another story.

Btw, I didn't get a 360 'till I got a deal on it. At $400 I was willing to wait. At $300 (for the premium) I could bite.

I would recommend a Wii if you are trying to get in shape and/or have lots people over often. Other than that it's a total rip-off.

I'm sure Nintendo was thinking, "Hey we can come out with this new controller and basically make the Gamecube in a smaller box."

It lacks a robust online component, there's basically no graphical improvement, and the game volume is lacking. I think I had 10 good GC games which makes the initial cost of it unjustified when comparing my Xbox and PS2.

I wonder if the $250 for Wii will be justified.

As for the PS3, Resistance is a damn good game so that should keep you occupied although not $600 worth.

MGS4 just got delayed until next March.
    So much for MGS4.

@sameer - Don't get me wrong. The PS3 has great coming but to buy it now is just ludicrous.

Heavenly Sword
    God Of War III
    MGS4

I could go on about the many exclusive games it'll have but just wait.
    not to go too far off topic, but have you even looked at the games? there are plenty of games out for the wii, adding backwards compatability of your '10 good gamecube games' is just a bonus. And lets not forget, they are always releasing games in the hundreds for ALL their consols from NES on up, give it a few months and there will be more games then you can swing a wiimote at. There was never supposed to be a major graphical improvement either, however, it is better then the gamecube on everygame I have seen so far. Getting in shape or lots of friends over? Not for me, but I still love playing my wii, and havn't gotten 1 error yet

Don't get me wrong, I like playing my buddies xbox360 too, IF/WHEN it works.
    Guess this was the beta, and the 360 elite is the final product, lmao!

I would also play the ps3 if any one i knew could afford to waste a bunch of money on a console with no games that will end up being worthless in a year, but hey, this is reality.
    The PS3 is just the opposite. It's worth shit now but has great games on the horizon. Games like Lair, God Of War III, GTA 4, Heavenly Sword are going to no doubtedly great.

I now have a Wii (got it cheap) and besides Zelda, I plan on getting Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy (eventually). This is NOT because of the controller. They just look like decent games.

I just don't play the Wiimote focused games anymore unless I have over some folks or wanna work out. It's a matter of chilln' out I guess. On a whole, I don't care to jump around waving my arms and fannying about. I'm not saying some of the games aren't cool. I'm saying it's not my main console by any stretch. I play my original Xbox more (it's modded).

I also know there are plenty of games out for the Wii but most of them I wouldn't care to buy. I got a free sub to Nintendo Power and the mag isn't even interesting to read. Why? There are hardly any great games to read about....I mean really. (btw don't forget to extend your Wii warranty 90 days for free)

Please don't bring up the Virtual Console anymore either since it's just an emulator. I have one each on the Xbox and PC.

I don't care that the Wii is different. It still has draw me in to playing the games and that has worn off a lot.

I am not speaking from any biased fanboy view, btw. I have all the systems besides a PS3 (I sold all of them) and my friend has a PS3 that I play.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-24-2007 at 05:07 PM.

5. Games   -   #25
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    i agree with most of the comments about PS3....but in reality PS3 will be a better console in the future. Sure it doesn't got many games, but I think there are just enough that will keep me busy for awhile.

I thought about getting a 360pro instead, but I'm not like most of you guys who have multiple consoles I rather pay $700 once and settle for a better console instead of getting 360pro now $500+$90= $590+tax and than spend another $700 on PS3...

besides i can't find 360pro bundle that comes with at least 3 months of online gold or something....I seriously don't like the idea of paying $100 a yr just to play online...
    Last edited by sameer0807; 05-25-2007 at 02:22 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

6. Games   -   #26
    pazsh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    you know after reading i agree with you...

7. Games   -   #27
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Microsoft just turned off the modders from XBox Live.
    It's about damn time.

Just get a PS3 if you know you don't need/can't afford both. It sounds like you are way more interested in the PS3 compared to the Xbox 360, haha.

8. Games   -   #28
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Sony has just released a firmware update for the PS3 that upscales PS1, PS2, and DVDs (to HD) for a better picture.

Noice!

9. Games   -   #29
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Sony has just released a firmware update for the PS3 that upscales PS1, PS2, and DVDs (to HD) for a better picture.

Noice!

You can also stream movies, mp3s and stuff from PC to ps3 ...nero media home for the win!

linq
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 05-29-2007 at 11:46 PM.

10. Games   -   #30
    The ps3 is just out for a year and people immediately expect highly rated games.
    Give it time and then there'll be plenty of games

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123