Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest sport in the US?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Speaking of stadiums, the bitch ass Dallas Cowboys are getting the Superbowl in 2011. Why?

They are going forward with building their new stadium set to be completed in 2009. It will hold over 100,000.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

They are going forward with building their new stadium set to be completed in 2009. It will hold over 100,000.
    100,000? That would become the stadium with the largest capacity then?

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post

For NFL, yes. Though several college stadiums still beat that. Tennessee, Ohio St., Michigan that I know of beat that right now, Texas is in the process of expanding our stadium right now, so as the new year starts, we will be over 92,000.

Not quite 100K, but we still have the largest high definition screen in the world. Covers 7,370 square feet.
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-23-2007 at 09:17 PM.

yo

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post

For NFL, yes. Though several college stadiums still beat that. Tennessee, Ohio St., Michigan that I know of beat that right now, Texas is in the process of expanding our stadium right now, so as the new year starts, we will be over 92,000.

Not quite 100K, but we still have the largest high definition screen in the world. Covers 7,370 square feet.
    You can bet Dan Snyder is gonna try to top Dallas at some point.

Oh and Godzillatron is not the biggest in the world.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    When I was a freshman at Penn State in 2002 I went to the PSU-Nebraska game.. was one of the best nights ever. The attendance was 110,753.

Penn State 40, Nebraska 7

The PSU/Notre Dame game this year might top that.. might..

But unfortunately I think nascar is the US #1 Sport.. in terms of attendance/viewers/ratings...the general rule of thumb is any state south of the Mason Dixon line are yokels and they like to watch cars go in circles.
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

Actually it is.

The one that Miami Dolphins have, measures farther in diagonal distance, but Texas' has more total square footage, making it the largest.

Now, I know this to be true as of about 9 months ago. So unless one has been built to surpass it since, it is still the largest.

yo

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by slim150 View Post
    When I was a freshman at Penn State in 2002 I went to the PSU-Nebraska game.. was one of the best nights ever. The attendance was 110,753.

Penn State 40, Nebraska 7

The PSU/Notre Dame game this year might top that.. might..

But unfortunately I think nascar is the US #1 Sport.. in terms of attendance/viewers/ratings...the general rule of thumb is any state south of the Mason Dixon line are yokels and they like to watch cars go in circles.
    Well racetracks seat more but NASCAR is not the #1 sport.

I still don't see how someone sits in front of a TV watching cars go round and round. They can't pay attention the whole time. (and why should they?)

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Actually it is.

The one that Miami Dolphins have, measures farther in diagonal distance, but Texas' has more total square footage, making it the largest.

Now, I know this to be true as of about 9 months ago. So unless one has been built to surpass it since, it is still the largest.
    Actually it isn't....not even 9 months ago.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-24-2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    samoyan's Avatar Comedy Club Resident BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by SeK612 View Post
    I was wondering which is the biggest / most followed sports in the US?
    I wish it was European football...

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    snowultra's Avatar Member
    god, i havent been to a sporting event in over a decade.....lol. i dont even waste my time going to games when there free on the t.v. and you can see the game, and get as comfortable as you want.

i am glad people go, so i dont ever have too. i never understood people who sit in the cheap seats-----

i now only watch american football, and march maddness. sometimes european football cups.

soccer is the most popular sport in the world, what are you crying about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12