Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: British Suck

Are we taking into account that only about twelve Americans actually have passports. So the ones that go elsewhere are probly just one big non-xenophobic family.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Tourists suck. Fact.
    Agreed....well unless your whole economy is based on them coming to your country.

That sucks too.

In Puerto Vallarta, Mehico, it seemed that the entire city was trying to sell me a timeshare. I would simply be walking down the street and a person about to get in their car would stop to find out what excursions I was taking and that I could get better ones if I'd just have sit down with a person trying to sell me a week at the Mayan Palace (or some shit).

When got off the airplane, their were two large counters full of competing companies (or whatever) offering free taxi fare and more if I'd have a sit down.

The final blow was the guy working at Mega (like a WalMart) that tried to get me to a sit down.

I already did a sit-down with place I was staying and got half off my all-inclusive (from $700), free dinner at their Italian restaurant, free Jungle Tour, half off my other 2 excursions, and more. Telling the subsequent folks this meant nothing but I remained nice about it and didn't blow up like I wanted to.

Folks are just trying to make a buck.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Scuff View Post
    Are we taking into account that only about twelve Americans actually have passports. So the ones that go elsewhere are probly just one big non-xenophobic family.
    I think on a whole, many Americans don't go east overseas that much. The US is so big that you can pretty much stay in the country or the very least, in the continent, and be satisfied.

I'd like to go to London, Spain, and Australia eventually but I'm not pressed.

I want the fun + relaxing, not necessarily the exploring.

I hate flying though.

Americans are more likely to have passports now that one is needed if going anywhere outside of the country. So Mehico, Canananada, and the Caribbean are now off limits without a passport all of sudden.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagarga View Post
    i'm going to baltimore for my holidays, staying at my mate jimmy mcnultys hoose.
    My Dad's hometown.

Babe Ruth was born there.

Edgar Allan Poe is buried there.

Go see Fort McHenry.

Hell, call Busyman; see how he's dressed...be careful, though - he's probably packing.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Pray do tell, what is so intresting about the streets of Baltimore?
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

6. Lounge   -   #26
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss View Post
    It is encompassed by the aura of Busyman, who is a mere 40 or so miles away...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #27
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    I live in america and i dont understand why people want to come here. its a great place to live but to visit would suck. there is nothing interesting here, and i live in a big city.
    What big city?

I don't usually pay attention to tourists but DC is a huge tourist spot.

Also, we have more spots to visit than most other countries. You must haven't been anywhere in America.
    i live in chicago, and ive visited alot of major cities like NY, Vegas, LA, DC, Florida, and many others. i just dont think its all that fun. All there is are bars or some overrated corporate theme park.

i also been overseas to alot of countries, and the architecture and culture just amazes me, its really neat. Cities in other countries even seem a bit more technologically advanced that america, and i thought we pioneered everything, man was i wrong. everything in america is just so generic. but thats just maybe that i lived in the US.
    Last edited by shosh; 05-24-2007 at 01:04 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    It is encompassed by the aura of Busyman, who is a mere 40 or so miles away...

I read in the paper yesterday that although in this report the UK placed 5th overall. Scotland faired a wee bit better, the cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh were particularly praised for their welcoming nature, and friendly attitude towards previously mentioned fasion victim tourists.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagarga View Post
    i'm going to baltimore for my holidays, staying at my mate jimmy mcnultys hoose.
    My Dad's hometown.

Babe Ruth was born there.

Edgar Allan Poe is buried there.

Go see Fort McHenry.

Hell, call Busyman; see how he's dressed...be careful, though - he's probably packing.
    I don't carry a gun.

You do know that GayPaul is joking, right?

Oh and T-shirt and jeans.

Baltimore is good for:

the aquarium
    the zoo in Druid Hill
    Patapsco Flea Market (they have cheap jeans and t-shirts)
    Bengies Drive-In Theater ($7 bucks, at least 3 decent movies, low cost food)
    the harbor
    BWI airport (my second choice of 3 airports close by, 1st choice: Nat'l, 3rd choice: Dulles)

10. Lounge   -   #30
    post 29

Other than that, watch The Wire.

The streets of Baltimore are actually shit.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast