Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: company offers to sabotage pirates ?!

WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by josephs911 View Post

thats exactly what I was thinking, kazaa/limewires/edonkey etc. is probably the ultimate target of this...
    good thing i don't use any of those networks than.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I despise trading BT Rep: +1
    Def. just blowing smoke... maybe some places will get hit, but who cares. Not anything private or even closely watched will be touched.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    Man, When will they learn.
    Downloading is the future.
    Come up with a way so they sill can make money of it, the more time they spend on finding ways to stop this the more money the lose. Because there simply is no way to stop this. They have a limited amount of people and hours to figure out ways to stop this, But the pirates are endless, so for every action they take to stop this the pirates comes up with 50 to counter it.
    I know a lot of people would actually pay to download movies if there was a legal way to do it. But when they finally decide to do it, they are probably going to charge WAY to much for it. 2 bucks per xvid would be a "ok" price for it, considering all they actually are giving you is 700mb of BW.
    Technically it should only cost them not even 25 cents for the bw if they are only sending you 700MB thus even if they charged you $2 they would still be making a little over $1.75 profit

I personally dont see why they couldnt/shouldnt offer such cheap prices anyways. Think about it this way. Make $1.75 off a user by charging a way cheap/descent price. Or just have them download it off p2p for free and make $0 Hmmm which would you pick if you were the Movie companies? lol
    I really think theres alot of mentally retarded people that work for those corperations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12