Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fiber Optics

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    holy crap, is this for a home/buisness connection, or virtual server...?
    I pay 50 bucks a month for 10/1, and that is as good as the speeds get without going into the 100's or more. I'm in a pretty high tech city, where the hell are you guys finding these isp's???

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    holy crap, is this for a home/buisness connection, or virtual server...?
    I pay 50 bucks a month for 10/1, and that is as good as the speeds get without going into the 100's or more. I'm in a pretty high tech city, where the hell are you guys finding these isp's???
    Japan, Korea, and Scandanavian countries are known for their cheap fiber connections, with speeds up to Gbit.

The U.S. is very far behind in terms of internet speed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    The ironic thing is the US is one of the leading countries that have developed fiber optics for a very long time.
    I wonder why they didn't widely commercialize it yet.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by leeter View Post
    The ironic thing is the US is one of the leading countries that have developed fiber optics for a very long time.
    Maybe because the U.S. is BIG and they have very few companies that offer fiber optic connections.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    because the US is stupid and controlled by the MPAA and RIAA who don't allow fiber because it would spread filesharing even further, in sweden ur more likely to get killed by an atomic bomb than to get caught by copyright protection agencies, that's why everybody does it.
    In my area there is no fiber (Budapest, Hungary)

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    SweP's Avatar /me seeds > you BT Rep: +1
    I've got 100 mbit/100 mbit and i pay ~$7 a month for it (Sweden)
    This is my most recent speedtest (will try to keep it updated):
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/131186879.png If you for any reason want me to get an up to date (minute) speedtest, just PM me or quote me in a thread that I'm active in.

Btw, I pay $7 a month for my 100/100 internet connection, how much do you pay?
    Happy seeding / SweP

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leeter View Post
    Maybe because the U.S. is BIG and they have very few companies that offer fiber optic connections.
    And because of ffing big ass monopoly companies and trusts which STILL happen today, after the days of Rooselvelt and Taft.
    Verizon is pretty much the only ones doing Fiber Optics, and it's only available in specialized areas where there aren't big ass gay companies like Time Warner, Comcast, etc.

My neighborhood and town is very rich and very high tech, surrounded by companies like IBM, Cisco, GSK, etc. We have fibers going underneath our floors, and even in the homes that were built after 1995. This BS crap from Time Warner/Roadrunner and lawmakers keep driving the competition away from parts of the US like my town. Verizon can't even step foot in my state, neither DSL, Fios, Fios cable, telephone, etc.
    No Whining

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsSB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

And because of ffing big ass monopoly companies and trusts which STILL happen today, after the days of Rooselvelt and Taft.
    Verizon is pretty much the only ones doing Fiber Optics, and it's only available in specialized areas where there aren't big ass gay companies like Time Warner, Comcast, etc.

My neighborhood and town is very rich and very high tech, surrounded by companies like IBM, Cisco, GSK, etc. We have fibers going underneath our floors, and even in the homes that were built after 1995. This BS crap from Time Warner/Roadrunner and lawmakers keep driving the competition away from parts of the US like my town. Verizon can't even step foot in my state, neither DSL, Fios, Fios cable, telephone, etc.
    That's the real reason there isn't much fiber in the U.S, mostly because if the cable companies and telcos.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    nousername's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    thx for this info

My Ratio, Speed Test ,Utorrent

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    Those using 100/100 home connection are blessed people, I think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast