Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hit N Run

Hit and runners have no business being in private trackers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    look at it this way. I stay and seed on the torrents where peers are downloading from me because those are the ones that need the speed. If I get an older torrent (which is what I get more often than not) then it may have dozens of seeders and maybe 1 other leech. It's pointless for me to stay on a torrent like that.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    But if everybody though like that....

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    But if everybody though like that....
    I see your point, and I do seed most of my torrents for days (just leave them in the client w/o any activity). But then what's the point of having an astronomical ratio if I can't hin 'n run every now and then? I do want to share, and rarely let my ratio drop below 2 (if I can help it) but sometimes I just want to clean out my client and remove clutter immediately. Mostly it just that I don't want the possibility of a torrent from a site that I have a fantastic ratio on to inhibit upload speed of a torrent from a site w/o as good a ratio.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah i hear ya on that you must be one of those people that hate a cluttered computer and trust me i know how it feels because i got the same problem.It's almost like an addiction i swear i must of formatted over 30 times since i got my computer a couple years ago.I just can't stand things messy lol.
    Last edited by deuce6000; 06-16-2007 at 08:55 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Yeah i hear ya on that you must be one of those people that hate a cluttered computer and trust me i know how it feels because i got the same problem.It's almost like an addiction i swear i must of formatted over 30 times since i got my computer a couple years ago.I just can't stand things messy lol.
    LOLOLOL!! Mee too! I'm a neat freak with my computer as far as file organization goes. I sometimes let my desktop get a lil messy I'f I'm working on a project and want many things easily accessable, but I know where every bit of almost 1TB of data is. Also, I have to rename almost every piece of music I get so that it imports into winamp flawlessly. And I can't do that until I stop the torrent (BLAST!). But like right now I have every torrent in my client seeding (24). It just depends.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It sad to say but, I think, the better your connection is, the more you are a hit and runner.
    I have some torrents running that are over 6 months old, and people are still downloading.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Well if you have fast connection and seed 100 percent back then it's not hitnrun right?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    kimii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by mforcex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WHRST View Post

It's not that hard leave things seeding for several days for sites that have that those rules about seeding.
    I enjoy organizing my stuff, or extracting it, or watching it, or something. Sure I could make a duplicate copy, but I really don't want to buy more hard drives just to please a few torrent sites.
    They provide you with warez and you think you don't owe it to them to follow rules.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Honestly there is no need for a HNR policy, hear me out:
    If you look at the tracker bitmetv, the torrents never ever die, and there is no HNR policy. Why? People want to have a high ratio, so they can get more tv torrents. If you don't seed on bimetv, you miss out, so why would the staff force you to not miss out? Oink has no HNR policy and has torrents from 2005. If by some chance the torrent you want died, ask for a reseed, or request it.

I can't understand why TL instituted a HNR policy since it is not like torrents were dying.

Also, if you HNR constantly, you will get banned for low ratio. The "bad" all get weeded out eventually.

Can we all agree at least that waiting 48 hrs trying to seed back 10mbit is ridiculous?
    Last edited by mforcex; 06-16-2007 at 01:56 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast