Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hit N Run

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by mforcex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JunelBT View Post
    Some site with automated HnR systems are unrealistic, sometimes you need to stop download/uploading for whatever reason, for me it's when I want to play MP games.

Bottom line, HnR enforcement is unrealistic on a whole, if sites keep the system pruning bad ratio accounts weekly the HnR's should fall into place, barring the rare exceptions which probably don't impact the site on a whole.
    In that case, you have to read this since it is hilarious. The site is RevTT for those of you wondering, when it comes to HNR, RevTT doesn't fuck around. Posted on the site:

When you download a torrent and leave right away and not gotten 1:1 ratio on that download, while there are lots of leechers left you will get a Hit'n'Run warning..

If you start with any stupid excuses that you had to close because you wanted to play and had to close torrent at the moment it was done then it's not our problem..

When you download something, make sure you got time to seed the file after you done downloading, if you have to do anything else (like play games) after the download is done, then better is to download later and play your games before you download something

All warnings we give have a reason behind them and to try with lame excuses wont help you

Thank you for your time and hope it gave you some information that helped you...

Forum Moderator
    Spectator
    Yeah, RevTT has been getting more and more strict lately. The administration is really cracking down.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    Strict hnr rule disencourages users from downloading any torrents.
    If there are few leechers, the tracker consequently becomes inactive and even dead.
    The good tracker is the tracker which has lots of seeders, leechers and no hnr rules. Are they inactive due to no hnr rules? Definitely NO. They are far more active than those with strict hnr rule. I'm sure of that.
    Personally, I usually seed a few hours after download is completed, if not 2~3 days. Should it be considered hnr? Of course NOT. A few hour seeding is enough especially for those with fast upstream connection, I think.
    IMHO, I think hnr rule should be applied only to those with low ratio (whose overall ratio is under 1.00).
    I insist those with high ratio have a righteous right not to seed 1:1.
    Last edited by leeter; 06-17-2007 at 07:28 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234