Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: J.f.k Assasination

Originally posted by clocker@16 June 2003 - 18:17

I've read several books on the subject and think that barring the appearance of Mr. Peabody and the Wayback machine, a definitive answer is not likely to be uncovered.
    Sherman?
    Come on Sherman, you must be 40 years old by now. Mr. Peabody was a special dog, but dogs only live 15 years.
    Sorry Sherm, Peabody aint coming back. .

It is fact that Kennedy had been dead for three days before his "corpse" was shot in Dallas. All of his apparent movements were controlled by his wife, a master puppeteer.
    John had commited suicide with pills 3 days prior and it was decided that this was not an acceptable way for a President to go out.
    The whole "assassination" setup was to turn this tradegy into triumph. Nicely done, I might add.

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of spacing to make a post pleasing to the eyes. I don't read wordbricks, so I have no idea what angellyn said.
    Some of the most brilliant posts have never been read because of this lack of attention to detail.

Edit- the above was supposed to come out sounding constructive, actually came out a touch rude- sorry.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 June 2003 - 20:34

Some of the most brilliant posts have never been read because of this lack of attention to detail.

What's a tradegy ?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 June 2003 - 19:34
    I cannot emphasize enough the importance of spacing to make a post pleasing to the eyes. I don't read wordbricks, so I have no idea what angellyn said.

Edit- the above was supposed to come out sounding constructive, actually came out a touch rude- sorry.
    No offense taken. The only thing I failed to do was separate paragraphs, and I tend to do the ... thing. Other than that, there is no fault whatsoever with my grammar practices here. I just don't see the point in making paragraphs on a forum. This is not a paper I am submitting for a grade, afterall It's really a shame though, I thought it would be a refreshing change to see someone use proper spelling and grammar to make a point here. If it all seems to run together for you, sorry you do not have the patience to actually read something that isn't given to you in short, two sentence clumps.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    Poster
    So people don't use proper spelling and grammar. How so.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    No offense taken. The only thing I failed to do was separate paragraphs, and I tend to do the ... thing. Other than that, there is no fault whatsoever with my grammar practices here. I just don't see the point in making paragraphs on a forum. This is not a paper I am submitting for a grade, afterall It's really a shame though, I thought it would be a refreshing change to see someone use proper spelling and grammar to make a point here. If it all seems to run together for you, sorry you do not have the patience to actually read something that isn't given to you in short, two sentence clumps.

I don't eat my steak in 1 bite, I separate into smaller, easy to handle pieces.

Why pay attention to detail in regard to grammer and spelling, and the forget about form. Paragraphs weren't invented arbitrarily, they were designed to give the reader a mental break and demonstrate a transition from one thought to another.

Why would a restaurant create the perfect steak, then serve it to you on a paper plate? People like a little ambience, some eye candy.

When you post a thread, you want to draw the reader in, why not use all the tools at your disposal? Attract them with your beauty and impress them with your mind.

It is not very high road of you to try to turn this into MY problem, after all, I have enough without you adding to the list.

You seem to be new to this section, you will find that grammar and punctuation are a pre-requiste and words are wielded like weapons. Even bosom buddies will get in a tiff over "input" vs "imput".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    Poster
    Only one of which is a word, in English.

If you wish to get really formal the end of one paragraph should flow into the start of the next. As a link or indeed figurative bridge between the two. Making the transition of ideas between the paragraphs flow more naturally for the reader.

But who can be arsed when you are only writing between 50 and 100 words.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by angellynn26+16 June 2003 - 14:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (angellynn26 @ 16 June 2003 - 14:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@16 June 2003 - 19:34
    I cannot emphasize enough the importance of spacing to make a post pleasing to the eyes.&nbsp; I don&#39;t read wordbricks, so I have no idea what angellyn said.

No offense taken. The only thing I failed to do was separate paragraphs, and I tend to do the ... thing. Other than that, there is no fault whatsoever with my grammar practices here. I just don&#39;t see the point in making paragraphs on a forum. This is not a paper I am submitting for a grade, afterall It&#39;s really a shame though, I thought it would be a refreshing change to see someone use proper spelling and grammar to make a point here. If it all seems to run together for you, sorry you do not have the patience to actually read something that isn&#39;t given to you in short, two sentence clumps. [/b][/quote]
    Angellynn-

As you write beautifully otherwise, I would beg you, as Hobbes does: Avoid the word brick-never mind for esthetic reasons, but for ease of reading.

If your words were meant to be read anywhere other than from a CRT, all would be fine, but as we here are detail-oriented, the difficulties of devining the detail buried in a brick bring tears to already-crossed eyes.

Call it an age thing, if you must, but please?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Angellynn..

Please ignore all these crybabies.
    I for one, appreciate a good word
    brick.They are invaluable for hold-
    ing down loose papers and I am
    using your last one as a support
    for a wobbly table. Keep up the
    good work and if you could pro-
    duce one about four and three
    eighths of an inch high I would be
    eternally grateful. Clocker
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker@16 June 2003 - 22:56
    Angellynn..

Please ignore all these crybabies.
    I for one, appreciate a good word
    brick.They are invaluable for hold-
    ing down loose papers and I am
    using your last one as a support
    for a wobbly table. Keep up the
    good work and if you could pro-
    duce one about four and three
    eighths of an inch high I would be
    eternally grateful. Clocker
    Suck-up.

If her word bricks are as soft as her logic your table better not be supporting anything of value, Clocker.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    No... screw you guys&#33; I will word brick you all to death&#33; HAHAHAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;

lol j/k

I will certainly try to be more accomodating in the future.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast