Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) When Installing Windows

myminpins's Avatar Poster
    I downloaded and burned MANY copies of Win XP Pro SP2 from various places until I finally found one that worked perfectly. There are a lot of no good versions out there. Once you find one that works perfectly, make copies of it and let everyone know which one it is

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I don't like those put together versions by who ever, they usually contain crap I either don't want or can easily install my self and putting that crap in can be tricky and cause a lot of problems. The real way to go is to get a virgin copy of XP Corp and integrate SP2 or download XP Corp with SP2 and nothing else. Then go to RyanVM and download the latest criticals to update the files and burn your own image.

This way you can make a basic image and decide later if you want IE7 or 6 or Media Player 9, 10 or 11. And avoid all the problems that can occur when someone tries to install a bunch of uneccessary crap. Ryans integrator and critical package is easiest to get from torrents because the site is usually jammed. There are also extras you can integrate as well, if you choose IE7 or Media Player11 at least you'll know it was done right automatically. Also if you leave the files on your hard drive you can update over them with new versions to get the latest criticals only, so the hard drive files are always just a month behind the MS Update Site. Then burn only when you need a copy.

Ryan's is pretty easy and fool proof, there are tutorials on his site to get you going but basically you copy the files from a cd or image (with SP2 already integrated) to your hard drive, open the integrator and point it to Ryan's file and to your hard drive folder and sit back. You can also use the integrator to create the image for you but thats another issue, the site sucks when it comes to describing this process but after you have integrated the files onto the hard drive you need to clear the integration screen and re point to the new version you made but leave everything else blank on the first page. Then go to the make iso page and enter a path and name for the iso to be created, put WXPVOL_EN as the volume name (thats for a corp version), select the default MKisosf setting and let it go. No need to hunt down the boot image its included in the integrator.

After you go thru it once you'll be an expert.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 07-04-2007 at 03:10 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Or they go too far the other way removing files and adding tweaks . here's one I found today on Demoniod . Pretty small at 308 mb.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Corporate SP2 May 2007 - Performance Edition Multilingual
    Original Size: 615 mb
    New Size: 308 mb (Difference of 307 mb)

"I have decided not to install Firefox or a Codec pack this time. I always get bitching about how one pack or program is better than another.
    I will just let you guys pick and install them yourselves. I will just provide the Barebones Operating System. "

"This has all windows updates through June 2007. This is has been tested in VMWare Numerous times with no errors.

This is also a Corporate Version. This means there is no validation required. I have included the CD-Key
    already in the install process. This means at no point will you have to enter it.

This is based off the Eth0 June Release. This should Install IE7 and WMP11 Automatically for you. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12