Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning DVD movies - saving space ?

Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    I used CloneDVD2 for converting to DVD5.

I've got a dual layer burner, but I don't really see the point in paying the extra for discs. There's not enough difference on a normal DVD player and TV to make it worth it. Perhaps with HD, BluRay etc but not until then. I don't think dual layer writers took off enough to make the media as cheap as the normal stuff became.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry1331 View Post
    burning movies on a DL disc is not so simple. nero is not capable of doing it, and you have to be careful not loosing the layer break information (which will tell your DVD player where to switch layers). although if you loose that information (and some say that dvdshrink won't read it out properly), you can still use PGCEdit to find good layer break points on the DVD.
    I've been using the latest version of Nero in burning movies on DL discs and never had any problems... I just enable its "Verify written data" option to make sure data of the movie is burned correctly and completely to the disc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Guys, also take into account that the quality of the media is very important.

Crappy DVDs can turn up a lot more coasters than Quality DVDs.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Thanks for all that guys.

I think I will a few blank DVD9's (top quality) to use on a few movies I really like that are very large and would shrink to 50% using DVDshrink.

Kind Regards

Digby

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post
    Thanks for all that guys.

I think I will a few blank DVD9's (top quality) to use on a few movies I really like that are very large and would shrink to 50% using DVDshrink.

Kind Regards

Digby
    Buy a couple of DVD-RW just till you get the hang of it , they burn slower but a lot more forgiving .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    unattended's Avatar White & Nerdy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I use DVDFab Platinum and it does everything for you. If you try to burn a dual layer dvd to a single layer, it will just down-sample it all for you (you can also choose which parts to down-sample how much). It also lets you cut out trailers, special features, etc...or JUST copy the main movie. It honestly takes me about 2 clicks to fully copy a regular dvd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12