Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is It Ok To Say That

Poster
    .......and how and why???
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. Lounge   -   #52
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    I think Steven (or is it Stephen?) Hawkings can help u with that one fugley

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Actually, that is a good point - Genesis, last time I saw, only speaks about God creating the Earth in 6/7 days. What about the universe - Surely if God made the Earth, he would have had to make the universe as well, right? I&#39;d personally love to see the parts on how God made the universe - Or is he omnipresent?

(Sorry about going on about these flaws - I just think that these may help people if they think that Christianity is perfect and unquestionable. As I know a few people in RL are)

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@19 June 2003 - 17:33
    I think Steven (or is it Stephen?) Hawkings can help u with that one fugley
    Only back to a certain point I think - read once that all the materials that came to form the universe were originated from an object the size of a grapefruit (could have been a satsuma&#33 maybe even a banana&#33;

I think thats pretty much where the theories are at - but where did these piece of fruit come from..................
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Originally posted by fugley@19 June 2003 - 17:41
    maybe even a banana&#33;
    could they have come from some oriface?

I believe it was more a melon (cantelope) size.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Yep - The Big Bang theory is interesting; this is one where I&#39;m not sure whether to believe it or not.

What I&#39;d love to know, and what would easily confirm this theory, is the location of the point of origin. Maybe it&#39;s me, but if it can be found I could see it having great implications in humanity in general. But I&#39;d still love to see if it can be found, if only for closure.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+19 June 2003 - 17:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 19 June 2003 - 17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fugley@19 June 2003 - 17:41
    maybe even a banana&#33;
    could they have come from some oriface?

I believe it was more a melon (cantelope) size. [/b][/quote]
    I once saw an Attenborough documentary about a Lion chasing, catching and devouring a cantelope&#33;

Seriously though what happened before the grape fruit or the big bang&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Originally posted by Illuminati@19 June 2003 - 17:47

What I&#39;d love to know, and what would easily confirm this theory, is the location of the point of origin.
    I heard maybe it was over Kansas somewhere......

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Current theoretical physics has pretty much accepted that the big bang happened. Most of the interesting work is concentrating on what happened before that and what produced the big bang.

Why do people get so hung up on how the universe started. It&#39;s only in newtonian physics that a start is required. You really do have to start looking outside of this limited thinking. There are more than three dimensions, if two things travel towards each other at high speeds the speed they are travelling towards each other is not the sum of their speeds, it&#39;s lower.

The very big and the very small, the very fast and the very slow do not obey newtonian laws. He was a mega genius, but only worked with what he could observe.

Oh and my beliefs are very strong. However they do not include that God made the Earth in 6 days. At least not 6 x 24 hours, or the period in which the earth rotates. The old Testament is not to be taken literally. Things like that don&#39;t matter, what matters is the message and particularly the messages in the new Testament.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati@19 June 2003 - 17:47
    Yep - The Big Bang theory is interesting; this is one where I&#39;m not sure whether to believe it or not.

What I&#39;d love to know, and what would easily confirm this theory, is the location of the point of origin. Maybe it&#39;s me, but if it can be found I could see it having great implications in humanity in general. But I&#39;d still love to see if it can be found, if only for closure.
    Probably gonna get killed to death up the arse here&#33;

But I think they (scientists) have a general idea on the direction of the big bang event&#33; It&#39;s to do with matter cooling - the further they look into space with their detectors they find temperature differences. They figure the cooler an object is the further it is from the event (big bank).

But we really need someone with a bit of concrete knowledge here and I aint it - me is better at asking questions than answering em&#33;

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast