Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Martin

Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@19 June 2003 - 09:57
    i'm sure i heard that he had the gun rigged up on an automatic system in his shed.

was that bollocks or is it true?
    anyone know for sure?
    It's bollocks 2nd Gen.

It's nigh on impossible to aim and hit two people that are escaping (in the back) with some "Spy Vs Spy" type contraption. He had a shotgun in the house, got it, loaded it and shot them. Simple as that. He was protecting what was his. Saying he had "no respect for life" or "the law" is no real argument, where was the burglars respect for Tony Martin??
    Signature removed

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@19 June 2003 - 10:00
    He could have installed burglar alarm systems, for example, linked to police HQ's like many alarm systems are.
    What good would that do when he lived in the middle of nowhere?? He did have police driving by his house every now and again, but thats not any good if you think about it.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by soopaman+19 June 2003 - 10:05--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soopaman @ 19 June 2003 - 10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2nd gen noob@19 June 2003 - 09:57
    i&#39;m sure i heard that he had the gun rigged up on an automatic system in his shed.

was that bollocks or is it true?
    anyone know for sure?
    It&#39;s bollocks 2nd Gen.

It&#39;s nigh on impossible to aim and hit two people that are escaping (in the back) with some "Spy Vs Spy" type contraption. He had a shotgun in the house, got it, loaded it and shot them. Simple as that. He was protecting what was his. Saying he had "no respect for life" or "the law" is no real argument, where was the burglars respect for Tony Martin?? [/b][/quote]
    i suspected as much

p.s. i think the man is truly insane. he deserves to stay in jail.
    however, the burglar should not have been given any legal aid ni suing him

4. Lounge   -   #14
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 09:06

What good would that do when he lived in the middle of nowhere??&nbsp; He did have police driving by his house every now and again, but thats not any good if you think about it.
    All right not much good, but at least he could have waited....What were the burglars doing out in the middle of nowhere?
    He could have identified them and police could have searched the surrounding area....
    Well, with the incompetence of the police this may not have happened.

I mean, he thought about it before he did it, that is certain.

A gun has to be loaded.

Unless he kept it loaded all the time of course, which would make him even more insane.

Its simply inexcusable to shoot people - no matter what they did.

Petty criminals is all they were, and kids....

The guy shot a kid, i mean, come on....

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ok my turn............ony Martin should not do the full sentence, the kid should not get any money, they should&#39;nt have been there BUT..........Tony shot the young lad at near point blank range with a 12bor, I have spoken to a mate who&#39;s a copper and he has seen thefile the hole in the boys body was only 2/3 inches so he must have been right on them&#33;
    This is tricky, on one hand it&#39;s ok to defend you stuff, but on the other hand you can&#39;t go around shooting people&#33;
    Give them a good hiding with a bat, but possesions are&#39;nt worth more than a human life even if the little shit should&#39;nt have been there&#33;&#33;

I can see both sides to this so this is all I&#39;m going to say&#33;

Thankyou, take care of yourselfs...........aaaand each other

Jonno B)
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    When your fearing for your life, i&#39;m sure you&#39;ll do anything. I would.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by CELEBS_ARE_US@19 June 2003 - 09:14

Give them a good hiding with a bat
    leave that one up to tha bats

ill give em a beatin no problem

i could have bludgeoned half to death those burglars that took all that stuff from our house......

8. Lounge   -   #18
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    My mum&#39;s house was burgled 2 weeks ago.
    It was friends of my little brother.
    They haven&#39;t been seen since.
    But what goes around comes around, especially in Belfast.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by Curley@19 June 2003 - 09:15
    When your fearing for your life, i&#39;m sure you&#39;ll do anything. I would.
    So what makes you so certain, curley, that he was fearing his life?

Were they running for him at the time of the shooting, in a blazing fury, waving their arms and shouting, whilst holding weapons?

Thats what would make me fear my life, but does anyone know the exact goings-on that night?

10. Lounge   -   #20
    What was a "career criminal" like Brendon Fearon doing taking a 15 year old child with him on " a job"??? HE should be prosecuted for manslaughter&#33;&#33; Let&#39;s face it by the time the Police got there ( if you rang them ) the crims would be LONG GONE&#33;&#33;&#33; Face it, the Police and Courts are no real deterrent to determined criminals - I&#39;m NOT advocating Capital Punishment at all, that doesn&#39;t work at all - but something has to be done - build more prisons, have a more streamlined judicial system and LIFE means LIFE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Freeing up the Police from needless paperwork and politically correct training courses would also help a lot. Blair has lost the plot with this, his fucking wife makes a fortune from it so why bother killing the Golden Goose? Don&#39;t get me started about Asylum Seekers&#33;&#33;
    Signature removed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast