Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting into passworded PC

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Are you pressing Esc ? That would exit without saving . Sounds like your doing it right .

Active@ Password Changer shows the account's current settings in one column and the recommended settings in another;
    - If you want to accept the recommended settings, and clear the password, just press [Y] to do that.
    - You can also choose to change the new settings to something other than the recommended default values. To do this, use the Up and Down arrows keys to select a setting to be changed, and press the [Space] bar to enable or disable it.

Maybe some help here :

http://www.password-changer.com/passw-reset.htm
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-19-2007 at 04:59 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Hi Peat Moss, on that linjk you posted I did everything it said but no difference. Only thing I can think of is I havn't done the account that counts. Is the Full Name in the pictures the User Name in the windows log on box?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    you do realise if you go in and change the password for an account all that users files will probably become unreadable. anyway sounds like you changed the admin password now all you have to do is logon

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    you do realise if you go in and change the password for an account all that users files will probably become unreadable. anyway sounds like you changed the admin password now all you have to do is logon
    exactly. Did you try to logon at the logon screen? The password will be blank so you can go ahead and just click ok without typing anything. Maybe you're expecting it to automatically logon without seeing a sign in screen?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Could you boot up in safe mode, log on to the admin account then go in and delete the other accounts or reset to no password... Seems like i had to do that before

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    At the windows log on screen that shows the username of the person that used to have the pc I did try just clicking ok while leaving the password field blank and no change. I said wrong password.
    PhrenzyI can't get into safe mode. When I press F8 on start up I still get the windows log on screen. Or I'm doing something wrong here?
    Last edited by SilverDales; 07-19-2007 at 02:28 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Try cracking it with Ophcrack Windows password cracker.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    BANNED
    there is some programs that will crack it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Those crack programs are bs ime.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    that orphcrack live cd looks pretty good. I used to use lophtcrack before symantec bought it and killed it off. the added feature of rainbow tables with this means its probably a lot quicker.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast