Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pls help!! regarding utorrent.

yah my winxp firewall if off

i am connected via lan bro, need firewall to prevent any network attacks or whatever it is called as.....cant it work without turning of the firewall?
    Last edited by ashwa; 07-25-2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwa View Post
    yah my winxp firewall if off

i am connected via lan bro, need firewall to prevent any network attacks or whatever it is called as.....cant it work without turning of the firewall?
    Yah allow incoming/outcoming traffic in the firewall..What firewall are you using?
    eee

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    mhm.. this problem is similar with problem for me.. you should see which your ports are open.. you can see it there: https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 if your ports all closed you should ask to you internet owner that he must open port which you choose.. if this find some ports open just write open to utorrent and check if it is open.. if yes then don't care about red color..

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    you sure you are supposed to have higher speeds? 256kb/s equals ~30KB/s
    maybe you are confusing kilobits and kilobytes.
    Most internet isp mesure speeds in kilobits, and most applications (utorrent) measure in kilobytes. Using this logic, you are getting the speeds you payed for.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I am really not seeing an issue here, you are already maxing out your download speeds, maybe you should check to see if you are also maxing out your upload speed because really in the torrent world, that is the most important.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I suspect your problem is Zone Alarm. It's not a bad firewall but it's notorious for conflicting with P2P programs. I found it didn't work for me as it caused too many problems so I switched to Sygate and haven't looked back.

Having said that I'm sure there's heaps of people who use ZA and are perfectly happy. I know my freind uses it and uTorrent and he doesn't have any issues.

Good Luck

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    i am using zonealarm.

i am having 256kbps(kilo byte per second) n i am getting 30 kilo byte per second....is this the max speed i will get?

k thank for the site, will try it.

anyone else with any advice, plssss, i'll be greatful to u..pls

i.e 25KB/s connection n getting 3KB/s dowload speed
    Last edited by ashwa; 07-26-2007 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    unless you are completely sure of your connection....256kb/s = 256 kilo bit per second, not 256 kilo byte per second

ie. 8Mb/s downstream and 768kb/s upstream, those numbers are in bits, not bytes, you must divide both of those numbers by 8 (8 bits in 1 byte), which gives you 1 MB/s downstream and 96 kB/s upstream

so what im trying to say is that it sounds like you are getting the speeds you are supposed to be getting, but were misled by the lowercase b and capital B

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    ZoneAlarm Firewall dont use that use xp firewall and u safe lool
    way betta firewall well frm me
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    thanks all. changes m firewall to sygate. well lets see what happens. will post my update soon. thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast