Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter Book 5 Discussion

Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    i finished today....and cried. :'(
    didnt dare come in this end of the wood in case i found out who died.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Originally posted by lilmiss@10 July 2003 - 00:13
    [color=blue]i finished today....and cried.
    lolz, u CRIED??? it was good, but it wasn't THAT dramatic

3. Lounge   -   #53
    I just want to know who won the house cup.

It never said. They all just packed up and went back home!

Oh and IMO, this is on the same level of Goblet of Fire...I think it's an excellent book.

Now I can't wait til the sixth book. How long will the wait be, another 3 years? Jeez!

PS. Did anyone else laugh, when Hagrid said the witch he was searching for giants with was so mean and feisty because..."must be the French in her..."

I did

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@10 July 2003 - 02:39
    I just want to know who won the house cup.

It never said. They all just packed up and went back home!
    Yah i was wondering the exact thing. *one sec gotta open book*
    Yah, he talks to Luna and then she just leaves and goes to the Feast, but then it just suddenly skips to him back home on the train...Thats not nice, it is true Slytherin was way ahead thru out the year but...but Dumbledore could always make some changes and/or maybe due to the crazed events, and the next war starting, maybe he just called it off...

also about relationships, I see a homosexual relationship rising between Harry and Ron. It would make a wicked twist to the story...right?

5. Lounge   -   #55
    @ Weemouse - Don't get me wrong, I'm still enraptured by the whole story and do look forward to seeing more (and contrary to popular opinion I'm hoping for more movies&#33. I just felt that out of the 5 books this one was my least favorite, and as someone suggested prior, book 5 seemed more like a filler book to me - almost as if Rowlings wants time to pass on a bit so that Harry grows up for the big climatic battle between him and Voldemort, but still wanted to maintain the pace of 1 book per schoolyear so added in a lot of fluff to stretch out the story.

I cant put my finger on any 1 thing really - just that after I was done reading I just didnt have that "what a cool book!" feeling that i had with the others. I dunno. Maybe the book was overhyped? I often get that with movies that recieve much more hype then they should - like when a movie is overly hyped and when you finaly see it you find it a big dissapointment (cough, cough MATRIX II cough cough).

I read the book aloud to my wife, and will most likely read it again aloud to my eldest daughter (5 yrs old). I like doing the voices and seeing my little girl completely captivated. Her favorite is when i do Hagrid - but he's tough on my vocal cords heh. Read to my wife in 3 days, but my eldest girl will only get 1 chapter at a time lol.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Well thinking that her life situation changed is maybe why the books are getting different!! I Mean she married now and its understandable that it takes longer for her to write the books!! the 5th i thought was one of the best very interesting i just couldn`t stop reading it!! As too the Movies Michael Gambon is going to play dumbledore

here a small pic: http://images.killermovies.com/h/harrypott..._dumbledore.jpg

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Originally posted by 123+10 July 2003 - 01:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (123 @ 10 July 2003 - 01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lilmiss@10 July 2003 - 00:13
    [color=blue]i finished today....and cried.
    lolz, u CRIED??? it was good, but it wasn&#39;t THAT dramatic [/b][/quote]
    i think i cried more because i finished the book.

no, i wasnt impressed with the death of sirius at all, and agree with passerby, there has to be more behind that story. he just vanished, but im sure the next book will tell us more about the arch....even if we do have to wait another couple of years.
    i was hoping to see "the war" in this book, with all the build up at the end of "goblet of fire". i was a little disapointed with that, but everything else was fantastic&#33; i really enjoyed seeing Neville come into the story and mature a bit more, and i think Luna is my new fave character. im not sure about the direction Harry is going in, seems to be having a lot of tantrums. i was expecting more from Hermione with the OWLS and everything.

cant wait for Ron and Hermione to get it on. soo much tension, its sweet.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Hey comon guys&#33; One good thing about this book is the fact that there isn&#39;t a bunch of "reacquainting" like there was in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th books.

Remember how you would start reading them, and then notice that there was paragraph after paragraph of J.K. Rowling re-introducing each character?

ie. "Harry went to meet his friend Ron (who is blah blah blah) and then they went to meet Hermoine (and she is this person who does this and that and wow she studies a lot&#33. Then Harry was walking down the hallway when Malfoy( Harry&#39;s nemesis) and Crabbe and Goyle (malfoy&#39;s buddies) picked a fight with Harry&#33; Then Dumbledore came (dumbledore is this one guy and he is also a big wizard BLAH BLAH BLAH)"

KNOW WHAT I MEAN&#33;?

I was so happy not to see a bunch of that baloney in this book&#33;

THANKS J.K., Baby&#33;

Oh yeah, I would absolutely do J.K. Rowling

9. Lounge   -   #59
    damn, how can u guys remember anything from the previous books? (except the overall story) they came out a yr ago, and, well, i guess i&#39;ve just had a really busy yr since i read the 4th book, but wow, u guys remember a lot of stuff.

p.s. this might b a stupid question, but how do u know all these stuff about j.k. rowling and wut she said about her books?

10. Lounge   -   #60
    i&#39;ve read &#39;em all, except the last, one 3 times. notice something different each time.

what i&#39;d like to know is ;did anyone else interpret harrys dream in "goblet of fire" as sexual, or am i just imaging it? (where he was glad ron couldnt see him, etc...)

and didn&#39;t she do an interview with jonathon ross not long ago, where she explained "the world".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast