Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats So Cool Bout The Sims?

Poster
    Shameless site promotion coming up, beware...

Hey all! I'm part of a great site devoted to The Sims.

It's professional looking and a great place to hang out and learn about this great game, it's expansions, and it's upcoming sequels.

www.simmingworld.com

Check us out today!

--End promotion

The Sims is a great game. It's really funny in an ironic and satirical way. Just because you dont shoot anyone (I love the ignorance of the original poster) doesn't mean you can't kill them. And, you can kill them in much more evil ways... drowning in a pool or burning to death...

You do play God and lead your little Sims through their lives. It's a great game and offers something for everyone! You should at least try it out before passing judgement.

2. Games   -   #12
    All I know is that the sims pis$es me off because my girfriend is and "addict" and I have to fight with her to play my games on the PC. I played it for about a week but I can honestly say there is no chance of me becoming a sim "addict". It was alright at first the fun part was building your house and what not, but damn that sh!t gets old fast IMHO.

3. Games   -   #13
    i think they might do weel if they put on the sims box the number for a shrink or something, cos by the tales of some of these peeps here, maybe you'd be better off in a padded room...

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    Well, I agree it's not everyone's cup of tea (I like RTS, FPS, and RPG... pretty much any game 'cept for turnbased strategy) but I think that if you download it off kazaa and learn to play, you should at least try it for 5 hours or so. Give it a try, you don't have to pay!

5. Games   -   #15
    Originally posted by Fluffy_Bunny@2 July 2003 - 04:10
    Well, I agree it's not everyone's cup of tea (I like RTS, FPS, and RPG... pretty much any game 'cept for turnbased strategy) but I think that if you download it off kazaa and learn to play, you should at least try it for 5 hours or so. Give it a try, you don't have to pay!
    oh, sorry if i gave the wrong impression.

my brother actually bought a retail copy of the sims a while ago, thinking it was pretty good.

i played it for about a week or so, found the controls and views awkward.

i also didn't think the gameplay was rewarding enough

i can see how people might like it though

6. Games   -   #16
    Poster
    Oh, okay. Well, at least ya tried it! Yeah, it gets old after awhile. I've been playing it off and on for the last three years it's been out. For some reason, I'm still hooked. It draws me in after not playing it for a month. No idea why, but I love it!

7. Games   -   #17
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    its interesting how todays society will not enjoy a game unless killing or death is involved...

8. Games   -   #18
    Yea well yesterday's society didn't have computers or video games

9. Games   -   #19
    Never could get into it,have more fun searching for cool websites.
    "Specs"
    CPU:High,some say I'm a legend in My own mind.
    Update! Overclocked - Achieved Demi God statis.
    Ram:If she's ready, so am I.
    Hard drive:Ready for access,larger than average.
    Bus speed:Not as fast as My truck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12