Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is This Expense Justified?

Poster
    Originally posted by the_faceman@25 June 2003 - 18:15
    Astro-Turf is NOT fun when you do a sliding-tackle playing football. On normal grass you get a grass-stain, on astro-turf you get a blood-stain usually.

But, hopefully you won't be having much more than a kick-a-bout on the lawn, unless it's really big. I think it's cool, although the astro-mower is taking it a bit far...i didn't even know they existed. A waste of electricity too, because i imagine it still has a motor to produce the sound or else it's pointless. well it's pointless anyways. i've got a feeling you're pulling our collective legs over the mower part.
    Actually I've found a way of economising on the Flymo thing but leaving the effect intact. I noticed you can purchase 90 min cassette (available in the "Astro turf" Accessories" brochure) of lawn mower noise which you can play whilst the pretence is in duration. I believe my modest gramophone system with cassette deck will produce a convincing enough racket. Of course I will need to position the speakers to maximise the effect.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by lilmiss@25 June 2003 - 18:12

next essay; fugley has more hair than sense - discus...ting.

Spect they do "astro hair" too&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

3. Lounge   -   #13
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by fugley@25 June 2003 - 18:23
    I believe my modest gramophone system with cassette deck will produce a convincing enough racket. Of course I will need to position the speakers to maximise the effect.

It&#39;ll be tough but position it right and you&#39;ll pull it off mate

what if an electrical fault occurs, or the tape accidently gets caught in the player, whilst you are still moving the mower, then the potential for deep embarrassment and resentment gets bigger.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by fugley@25 June 2003 - 18:17

Apparently they do latex teen bellies too&#33;
    if youre refering to me.....im twenty god damned five&#33; (im 26 on "all souls day", hint hint. and im not the eejit that bought fake grass. what are you gonna smoke now? fool&#33;
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@25 June 2003 - 18:20

Plus you&#39;ll save the 50p odd on plastic turds.
    Actually my friend they are called "Astro Brownies" It&#39;s an American Brochure (Heaven Smile On America&#33 They always find sanatory ways to speak of embarassing stuff&#33;

6. Lounge   -   #16
    what if an electrical fault occurs, or the tape accidently gets caught in the player, whilst you are still moving the mower, then the potential for deep embarrassment and resentment gets bigger.
    he should just keep a bottle of ketchup with him at all times, and if said incident occurs, spray liberally around the mower and himself, and lie on the ground screaming.

beware though, as pointed out in "Astro-Lawns: Keeping Up With The Jones - A Guide" that if the tape screws up in such a way that the tape fast forwards, resulting in a high-pitched whine, then the only solution to avoid embarrassment, is to run around the garden at extreme speed with the mower, chasing scantily clad ladies, humming the tune from "Benny Hill".

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by lilmiss@25 June 2003 - 18:28
    (im 26 on "all souls day", hint hint.
    I&#39;m 39 on Arsholes day&#33; LOL&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #18
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by the_faceman@25 June 2003 - 18:34

he should just keep a bottle of ketchup with him at all times, and if said incident occurs, spray liberally around the mower and himself, and lie on the ground screaming.

beware though, as pointed out in "Astro-Lawns: Keeping Up With The Jones - A Guide" that if the tape screws up in such a way that the tape fast forwards, resulting in a high-pitched whine, then the only solution to avoid embarrassment, is to run around the garden at extreme speed with the mower, chasing scantily clad ladies, humming the tune from "Benny Hill".

pmsl &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

well there would have to be some sort of "pouch" with which to store the ketchup for easy withdrawal and disposal. Plus, there is no guarantee whatsoever that neighbours wont have seen you do this.
    If they have, your only other choice is to probably murder them all in cold blood so they dont let it out that you use Astroturf, plastic turds and tape machines on your lawnmowing activities.

i feel like a wee babby here - me only 16

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by fugley+25 June 2003 - 18:37--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fugley @ 25 June 2003 - 18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lilmiss@25 June 2003 - 18:28
    (im 26 on "all souls day", hint hint.&nbsp;
    I&#39;m 39 on Arsholes day&#33; LOL&#33; [/b][/quote]
    :lol: whatdya have do to get a day named after you?
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by lilmiss+25 June 2003 - 18:49--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lilmiss @ 25 June 2003 - 18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by fugley@25 June 2003 - 18:37
    <!--QuoteBegin-lilmiss
    @25 June 2003 - 18:28
    (im 26 on "all souls day", hint hint.

I&#39;m 39 on Arsholes day&#33; LOL&#33;
    :lol: whatdya have do to get a day named after you? [/b][/quote]
    cos I&#39;m vewwy Special&#33;

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast