Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Members Trying To Do Mods Jobs

Out of The Ordinary
    That's correct, however Paul dosnt want it enabled.

BOT

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@28 June 2003 - 22:06
    That's correct, however Paul dosnt want it enabled.

BOT
    Are we aware of why. It would appear a simpler solution than his pinned.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by JPaul@28 June 2003 - 22:59
    Is there a report this post option with this software. I have seen that in other forums.
    There is. It was enabled when the board was a lot smaller (3000 members) and Paul still did the modding.
    Result: dozens of useless PM's per day, because everybody who noticed something pressed the button.
    Sending a PM is a lot less impulsive, so I wouldn't mind if it stayed that way.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    That makes sense, thanks metal mate.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    I told someone their software question belonged in the softwareworld instead of movieworld and I felt guilty for a couple of days. Hope everybody forgives me.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    There is. It was enabled when the board was a lot smaller (3000 members) and Paul still did the modding.
    Result: dozens of useless PM's per day, because everybody who noticed something pressed the button.
    Sending a PM is a lot less impulsive, so I wouldn't mind if it stayed that way. 
    I can understand that - The more work needed to report something, the more likely that only the most problematic posts will get notified by the most dedicated about it.

'tis the natural instincts of man unfortunately

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@28 June 2003 - 22:25
    I told someone their software question belonged in the softwareworld instead of movieworld and I felt guilty for a couple of days. Hope everybody forgives me.
    No, frankly you are a bar steward and should feel guilty a lot longer. How could you.

BTW didn't somebody work out that I was you once.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Yeah that was pretty funny JPaul. Back to this Modding thing though. I think subtle hints work well. I mean if the person is new but acting like "Mr. Big Pants" then maybe someone could hint to them and they'll get the message. Or PM. I'll admit that I'm new I learned on a 486x66 comp and I didn't do alot of surfing with that version of Microsoft IE that's for sure. It was a slow era. I was capable of creating config.sys and autoexec.bat files and that was the extent of it. Excuse my noobiness.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@28 June 2003 - 22:36
    Yeah that was pretty funny JPaul. Back to this Modding thing though. I think subtle hints work well. I mean if the person is new but acting like "Mr. Big Pants" then maybe someone could hint to them and they'll get the message. Or PM. I'll admit that I'm new I learned on a 486x66 comp and I didn't do alot of surfing with that version of Microsoft IE that's for sure. It was a slow era. I was capable of creating config.sys and autoexec.bat files and that was the extent of it. Excuse my noobiness.
    n00b. I remember writing batch files in dos. From a hardware point of view I remember the first computers I used had a floppy and no hard drive. We thought it was great when we got the second floppy.

As a matter of historical interest, that was why the C drive was called that, because A and B were floppies.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    Consider yourself lucky to have had floppys! I started on a TI 99/4-a with tape backup. RS-232 was it? With a horrible scream from the cassete deck if you forgot to decrease the volume before a backup.
    I was quite privileged in that I managed to purchase one of the few extended basic modules available.

10> if c>230 then 440 else ......... 2 days to program a bloody sprite to jump up and down on the screen lol

(I'm sure the syntax is incorrect by the way for those of you who notice such things)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast