Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Owns A Liteon Dvd Drive?

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Yes I will have to concur....I use LiteOn cd-rw drives and have nothing but good things to say about them.

However I dont have a rewritable dvd drive by this company so I can only
    speak of the products I use.

Sorry to hear of your problems with LiteOn...any one else have problems
    with these drives?

Could u be more specific than pieces of crap....lol
    Like are u recieving error codes(software)
    or is it hardware related?

Or are u just bitching?.......Which is cool.....because I would to if I had just
    bought three defective DVD drives............

Peace brotherdoobie

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I'm in the repair business. Not a single person can make blanket statements about any particular product. It simply wouldn't be accurate.

The numbers. Manufacturers produce products in such large quantities. For example, they may make 500,000(not unusual) of one model. If only 1% fail, that's 5000 defective units. Hell, the industry itself has a failure rate closer to 10%. You do the math.

A large portion(30-40% or more) of the cost you pay for electronics covers warranty repairs and administration.

Spindulik, you say you hardly use these drives. Well, if they are defective, when do you suppose they will show their defects? Usually they show up when initially used. That is, most defects will appear right away. You don't use something, you'll never know it's defective.

Quit your bitchin and get it repaired/replaced under the warranty. Afterall, that's what they're for. And, unless it involves shipping, it won't cost you anything.

No offense intended but your statements are so naive. And BTW, those numbers even apply to Sony(money doesn't necessarily buy quality).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I have never had a problem with my Lite On drive. I have had it since August and burned hundreds of Disks with it...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I had good luck with lite on cdrw drives but not dvd rom drives. I had 1 and it died within a month.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by monkeyhead@28 June 2003 - 15:32
    the liteon drives i have are:
    2 liteon DVD 16x
    2 liteon cd rewriter 48x12x48

These are abut 1yr of age and i have had no problemo and i would recommend them
    Ditto and no probs either! Have to concur bad karma in the mist
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    liteon dvd perfect for a long time (so it must be you)(or maybe a little brother or so, seen them do wierd stuff with stuff, sticking hands in and all)
    liteon cdrw better than hp's anyway
    and you can overburn with them

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Twist3r
    omg!!! my cd writer only gets 4x its slow!!! you guys got fast burners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12