Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Commercials You Love

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Riddler@30 June 2003 - 10:45
    Mountain Dew's " Do the Do " campaign. Especially the one where the cyclist outraces the cheetah, tackles it and reaches down it's throat to pull out the can of Dew. The cat's 'puter-generated stunned expression is hilarious !
    Wasn't that for Pepsi Max, not Mountain Dew? I kinda remember if due to one of the guys going "see? that's why I'm not a cat person"

But to keep on topic - Yeah the Budweiser frogs were great, but IMO the lizards took it better That little plan with the ferret was the icing on the cake ("Look at me!" "How can you look at me - Turn away!" )

That, and the recent John Smiths ads; bloody marvelous

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Hmmm....you might be right about the Pepsi Max, I thought for sure it was Mountain Dew, but I'm an old fart and my memory is......my memory is.....uh.......shit, I forgot what what I was going to say.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Retired
    The dutch Commercial for peanut butter about a little boy and Dick Advocaat.

VIDEO!!!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    The Peter Kay No Nonsense ones, especially the football one where they're all doin skills and he just boots it.
    HAVE IT!

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Sonofons's Leif & Sussi

Watch the Commercials HERE (In Danish)

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by Riddler@30 June 2003 - 13:57
    Hmmm....you might be right about the Pepsi Max, I thought for sure it was Mountain Dew, but I'm an old fart and my memory is......my memory is.....uh.......shit, I forgot what what I was going to say.
    In the US it was definitely a Mountain Dew commercial.

I've never even heard of Pespi Max so obviously there wouldn't have been a commercial for it here.

More than likely Canada had the same advert as we did.

However, the other continents/countries may have had something different.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by tite-wad+30 June 2003 - 21:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tite-wad @ 30 June 2003 - 21:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Riddler@30 June 2003 - 13:57
    Hmmm....you might be right about the Pepsi Max, I thought for sure it was Mountain Dew, but I&#39;m an old fart and my memory is......my memory is.....uh.......shit, I forgot what what I was going to say.
    In the US it was definitely a Mountain Dew commercial.

I&#39;ve never even heard of Pespi Max so obviously there wouldn&#39;t have been a commercial for it here.

More than likely Canada had the same advert as we did.

However, the other continents/countries may have had something different. [/b][/quote]
    Put simply, think of Pepsi where all the sugar is replaced for some sort of sweetener, going much further that Diet Pepsi - That would be Pepsi Max. Not bad in moderation but when consumed too much it tastes like s***e

I&#39;m surprised that the drink isn&#39;t even released in the US - The advert I was on about had a style characteristic to ads from the US If I wasn&#39;t being truthful, I see Mountain Dew here but very rarely. I wonder if Mountain Dew & Pepsi are owned by the same company - That might explain why two different products have similar ad.

Or it could be that it was originally the Mountain Dew ad, but the Pepsi Max ad team made a skit of it (I remember it being an set of extreme bikers in it and the one chasing the cheetah scorning it after grabbing the can - "Bad cheetah&#33;" )

To the hell with it - It was good anyway. If Pepsi Max really isn&#39;t in the US tite-wad, maybe I&#39;ll send you a multipak of some; let you experience the liquid crap we are sold

8. Lounge   -   #18
    I have no desire to try Pepsi Max. You&#39;ve made it sound gawd-awful&#33;

There&#39;s a possibility that PepsiCo may distrubute Pepsi Max in other parts of the US - California for example - and we in the Midwest would never hear of it.

And yes, i believe Mountain Dew is a product of PepsiCo - as is Sierra Mist and others.

I think PepsiCo also owns Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut - among other things.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Trust me - I&#39;ve grown accustomed to Diet Pepsi and can&#39;t stand the regular stuff, but I&#39;d rather down it like water instead of the Max version :x

You sh**ting me that PepsiCo owns that much. I wonder if PepsiCo is the post-1900 name of the Illuminati...

10. Lounge   -   #20
    I did a bit of "Googling" and found out my info was slightly out of date.

Turns out PepsiCo did own those chains, but spun them off into a new corporation called Yum&#33; Brands in the mid &#39;90s. So technically PepsiCo doesn&#39;t own them any more.

Yum&#33; Brands also owns a couple of other restaurant chains. (See here)

PepsiCo, however also owns Frito-Lay which I didn&#39;t realize before. (See here)

Edit: typo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast