Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: urgent help!

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    girl was faulty
    Man, I sure hope that bitch came with a warranty

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i just found out that chesses front light is not on, i think the power cord is not plugged, i just took a pic of a cord which i think is coming from the light but dont know where to plug it.
    cord

MOBO:

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    What front light?
    HDD activity, power or some decorative thingie?

The front panel pin outs on your board appear to be in the lower left corner of your pic- you'll have to consult the manual to find out what goes where...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    its just a decorative light just like what you see on those fans in that pic.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think that's more likely to be the front panel audio connector. If so, it fits on the blue pin-header connector next to the PCI-Express 1x connector nearest to the processor, top centre of your picture.

The connector for the front panel lights and switches is down in the bottom left of your picture, but since there is no de facto standard for these connectors it is unlikely that the case manufacturer would risk a single block connector. Additionally, the power and/or reset switch would be completely ineffective.

The lamps are LEDs, so they will only light up if they have been connected the right way round. Usually, the white wire is ground and the coloured wire is connected to +.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I think that's more likely to be the front panel audio connector. If so, it fits on the blue pin-header connector next to the PCI-Express 1x connector nearest to the processor, top centre of your picture.
    that cant be, i jagged my headphone and it was working that mean front audio-in is plugged.

ive tried that pin on every freakin spot left on that mobo there is no pin which that cord can fit on, its like this:

that white hole is blocked, rest are open, i only saw one pin spot which is almost like that but only upside down and audio cord is plugged in. ive tried the blue pin in the middle and its not for that as well.
    Last edited by BawA; 08-19-2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    If it's just decorative lights why would they have a 10-pin connector?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    I sure hope you didnt pay anything to those people to diagnose the problem. It sounds like your bios farted and your machine shut down. You need to reset the bios. First, turn the switch on the back of the power supply off. Wait until the light on your mobo goes out. Take the CMOS battery out of the motherboard, disconnect the power cable. Wait 30 seconds. Put the battery back into the motherboard, plug the cable back in. Then flip the switch on your psu back to on. It should boot up and give you an error about the bios being reset. You will need to change all of your bios settings back to what they were.

PM me if you have anymore troubles.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Erm...that was last week's problem.
    All better now.

It's the decorative lights that aren't working today.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    That looks almost like the firewire connector on your mobo. What decorative lights have a connector like that? Never seen that before.
    Last edited by muyoso; 08-19-2007 at 10:32 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast