Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog FTW

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I've actually been wondering about people eating dogs for quite some time now.

From what I understand carnivorous and omnivorous mammals don't taste too well, on account of the diets they keep. I understand how people can eat it, otherwise, as what's socially and morally acceptable varies between cultures and all that. I just don't see why people anywhere would eat something that supposedly tastes wrong to most people, assuming there are options.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    If we eat cow and sheep I can think of no serious moral objection to eating horse or dog.

If we eat chicken and turkey I can see no serious moral objection to eating owl or eagle.

If we eat tuna and salmon I can think of no moral objection to eating dolphin.

So that leaves whether or not we find the meat palatable. That to a large extent is based on what one is used to. Which to a large extent would depend on what was available when and where you grew up. That is changing due to culinary imperialism, however we can still see a great variety in people's diets across the World.

Who am I to say "stop eating dogs" any more than someone is entitled to reply "stop eating cows then".

3. Lounge   -   #23
    shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Does he know if they really do taste like chicken?
    You are making me so hungry.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    If we eat cow and sheep I can think of no serious moral objection to eating horse or dog.

If we eat chicken and turkey I can see no serious moral objection to eating owl or eagle.

So that leaves whether or not we find the meat palatable. That to a large extent is based on what one is used to. Which to a large extent would depend on what was available when and where you grew up. That is changing due to culinary imperialism, however we can still see a great variety in people's diets across the World.

Who am I to say "stop eating dogs" any more than someone is entitled to reply "stop eating cows then".
    plus you are more of a man if you eat carnivores. People need to continue to establish dominance in the food chain.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    So does that mean weiner dogs taste like ... Oscar Meyer hot dogs?

Lol. Poor puppy!

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post

plus you are more of a man if you eat carnivores. People need to continue to establish dominance in the food chain.

Indeed, wouldn't want the cows to get ideas.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    Do crabs taste of dolphin?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    Frogs taste like chicken.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Don't loose your dog in china i see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast