Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ridiculous

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Kingrob, nice to see you offering to help and answering questions, not always to the liking of users

You should be given comm rep status.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think you should make it clear that selling, trading AND giving away invites is bad, if I had known that maybe I would still have my invites and maybe I wouldn't have that 8 week warning.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    I think you should make it clear that selling, trading AND giving away invites is bad, if I had known that maybe I would still have my invites and maybe I wouldn't have that 8 week warning.

it is in the faq on the forums and on the home page we can't make it any clearer

we don't want invites from tl traded in the last month or so it has got out of hand with more invite selling and cheating to buff accounts to trade

so we are now having a 0 tolerance on these matters

as of sunday the way invites are given will be changed and if that does not help we will cut them more until this sort of stuff stops

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Kingrob, nice to see you offering to help and answering questions, not always to the liking of users

You should be given comm rep status.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    well,i can see that TL is getting more aggressive lately with dealing with members ,banning for givingaway invites seems too harsh i believe ,personally i think members should be given awarning for the first time they invite abad user then they may be banned if they did that again but banning from the first time doesn't seem too good but it's just my opinion ,it's their tracker and they do what suits them

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    tbh i think the faq forums and home page notices about invites is a warning

in some cases i have given accounts back but removed invited for life it all depends on the reasons for the ban ect

i don't blank ban ppl evert case is looked at and dealt with i think that is a fair way to deal with it

but over the last week we are connecting more and more ebay invited sells to these sort of forums and we will break this trend
    alot of user here invite ppl on proof of ratio then that account is then sold on
    or in 1 case this week someone tryed to trade a tl staff account the thread was removed after i reported it but the trade still happened lucky i traced the account and banned it
    with this sort of stuff going on tl is being forced to act

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    npaixao33's Avatar T-I.org ***** BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    kingrob, can you give some help?? i´m on the TL irc but they wont help me...
    [

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    what the point of having people like kingrob on this forum they should get you ban if you invite any one and moreover is giving away invite is that bad . If they dont want new people in tl why they open it and kingrob , if u dont know any friend in tl that mean you will never get an invite becz you are not allowed to give invites in forum. Why you guys give invites anyway.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    ok i will bite
    posting tl invites on any site will be a ban when we catch you if that takes 1 day or 1 year
    There's nothing about this in the fuckin rules! How the user is supposed to learn that he can't trade?

UPD: Looks like they just added that line. But still nothing about giving invites for free:
    Invites are for giving to people you know and trust.Trading Torrentleech invites will get you and any one you invite banned.If you invite a cheat you will get a warning for the first one if it ever happens again you will be banned too. The sale of invites to this site is strictly forbidden and results in both the inviter and invitee losing their accounts.
    And when it comes to TL invites, I could trust anyone with decent ratio.
    Last edited by AugustoP; 09-01-2007 at 06:21 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    stets619's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    It's in the FAQ under user information "What are invites for and how can I use them".
    They might wanna put it in the rules as well, easy to not overlook.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast