Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Xp

I think I know what he means, and If I do, then I have the same complaint. In IE I run the 3 standard toolbars plus the Google bar (I love the beta BTW), and it takes up way more space than I would like (even without the Google bar). I dont see why in the options there cant be a normal icon, small icon and an addion of tiny icons, they are WAY larger than necessairy!. I also realize there is a full screen mode which I do use, but I have a tendancy to run 3+ browsers at the same time, and I only have two desktops. I WISH there were a way to skinn IE like with PhaseOut or NeoPlanet. Both are very nice in theory BTW but are still lacking key features that are in IE which is why I still have to use it *sigh*. Tabbed browsing has almost pulled me away quite a few times, but I always end up righ back with IE.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    /me wonders what resolution these people are using...

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    I played with IE a little bit, and got it about as "thin" as I think I could...

thinnIEr.png (233 KB)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    It's made for kids, you can't control your own pc anymore.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. XP, as an operating system, does not start calling the shots - telling you what to do. If you refer to the wizards, they can be disabled. All the bad features of XP, like privacy and the UI can be easily overcome.

Don't get me wrong, i'm no M$ slave. But i have found XP to be the most reliable home user OS out. I previously used 2000, which is basically the same- if a little purer. Millenium Edition really is utter crap.

On the issue of UI's, i use the UXTheme patch mentioned and really like the Tetra and boseclass themes linked.

Edit. Regarding b0seclass
    However... I really don't like the fact that there's this nasty dark gray crap around and in HTML textareas and select boxes that don't have a specified background color (like this board).
    I don't have that problem with it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@5 July 2003 - 21:53
    Edit. Regarding b0seclass
    However... I really don't like the fact that there's this nasty dark gray crap around and in HTML textareas and select boxes that don't have a specified background color (like this board).
    I don't have that problem with it.
    Hmm... seems to be specific to Mozilla. I checked it out in IE and Opera, and they were both fine.

I wonder if this behaviour has been reported.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    A thought!
    I wish Win 98/ME had aplha blending.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    jakert50's Avatar Poster
    Get WebBlinds (skinning program for Internet Explorer) and just set it to a "skinny" theme. Personally, I like the buttons. However, I also like my 1600x1200 resolution

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Ahhh man
    That's not fair.
    Hell, with that screen res. you could afford to make it even bigger!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@ 5 July 2003 - 07:32
    Btw Liquid Acid
    I haven't installed the progs from those links you posted, but after reading about it, I'm impressed!
    Thank you!
    You're welcome. Did you ever try out b0seclass? I think it is exactly what you are looking for. Don't bother with windowsblinds, just use the uxtheme patch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12