Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's up with oink?

signalearth's Avatar ~SurrenderToTheFlow~ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by y7deluxe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post

Oink doesn't encourage H&R, they allow it. Two very different things.

Really the best thing to do is upload properly ripped and encoded stuff of your own. Make it FLAC, since the filesize is bigger and many members prefer it, meaning lots of downloads. You can find lots of guides in the Oink forum.

Another way is to find large torrents elsewhere to seed on Oink, but only problem is everyone else is doing it too, so you won't get a large amount of upload from something 3-400 people are seeding or partial seeding anyway.

Many people use it for apps as well, so if you run into something not on Oink on some other site, then up it on Oink.
    Wow... I didn't realize they had apps on there. That should set me on my way then. I'm pretty confident that I can get some good uploading from that. Thank you very much sir =)
    apps are key on oink!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Especially any OS, Video Tuts, Adobe & Mac apps. TL & AudoNews & GfxNews are your best friends for Oink

I'm still seeding Final Cut 2 from over 3 months ago

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    I managed to keep a ratio of over 1.1 at all times on OiNK and I only have 30KB/s upload. Just never delete torrents from your upload list.
    Once you get about 200 torrents in your upload list you never stop uploading!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Yea, since they allow apps and elearning, it has increased my ratio dramaticially. There's always some new app coming out, grab it from usenet and seed on Oink.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I've never had any problems seeding on OiNK.
    My ratio just went down to about 1.4 after I decided I wanted to download a large application there and my girlfriend decided she wanted a bunch of new music, but previously it was always over 2 and my ISP speed is absolute crap.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i have crappy comcast internet(45 kb/s upload max) and i dont have any problems keeping my ratio up. just gotta get in on new albums fast and only dl 1 song unless of course you want the whole album. with my internet i can easily upload 300MB+ from a 5MB download. just gotta do that over and over. oink and bitmetv are the only sites where i do stuff like that and also download scene releases from other sites(scc or tl are great for this) then seed there.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I think there are a few problems with oink that at times can make it difficult to get to 1:1 partial seeding is one problem as it fakes you out into thinking there are more seeders then there truely are. Although I've heard that's how people get there numbers up, people with big pipes doing 8:1 is another problem as that person is leaving others only able to get less then 1:1. Not to mention the length of time the tracker goes without updating. If I manually update the tracker an extra time or 2 I can keep my speeds up for a longer period of time where as if I let it run it has a tendency to drift off and do nothing until the next update. These are things I've experienced in my limited experience with oink.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    n00b
    lol, oinks is one of the easiest to seed at!

just browse the newly uploaded torrents, find one that has a seed-to-leech ratio of 1seeder to 4+leechers that has been UL'd in the last 30 minutes, and then DL only ONE track of that album, and seed that for a month. takes about 2 minutes of your time, and if you repeat this about 10 times per month, and leave them all seeding as long as you can, you should eventually see at least 1gb of UL per day. get a hot torrent like that, and you can get over 1gb of UL out of about 10mb of DL in about a week.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    i only seed what i upload .. and i upload a lot . so maintaining a ratio isnt that hard on oink ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12