Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep login details safe

Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    And OFC, use Strong passwords! I use this widget for Opera since it's out http://widgets.opera.com/widget/4548.Also use diff pass for every tracker, forum site you're at, and to memorize all those passwords take some book or create some file at PC and protect it with password you can remember that's not connected to your username or anything in RL.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    I chose 1 word out of the dictionary and used all of its synonyms as passwords with one special character shared between them all. This way, if somehow I lost my long list of passwords, I only have about 30 passwords to try. Also, having long cool words as passwords rules.
    It's actually not. Dictionary attack on a hash (like one leaked from SCN) will take a couple of minutes.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    one of the best password managers I've come across:
    http://keepass.info/

best thing is it creates passwords for your accounts that are practically unbreakable like: xTbhy1IhDE9ZfNm5kCEH

just make sure you use a strong password for the program itself. mix up with combinations of familiar telephone numbers, and random letters. that's an easy way to come up with a 15-20 character pass.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    thnx a lot

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I prefer writing down all the passwords on a piece of paper!! Ain't that less complicated?!i used to have same passwords on all trackers, but when i heard the passwords at Bit-HDTV were leaked, i immediately changed my pass at 70 sites including my email acc and tracker list!!
    Anyway, thanks!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    I chose 1 word out of the dictionary and used all of its synonyms as passwords with one special character shared between them all. This way, if somehow I lost my long list of passwords, I only have about 30 passwords to try. Also, having long cool words as passwords rules.
    It's actually not. Dictionary attack on a hash (like one leaked from SCN) will take a couple of minutes.
    Nope, a dictionary attack wouldn't work. If you read my post again you will see why. So I was correct in my contention that having long words as passwords "rules".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12