Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eurovision Songs

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by H.H.@4 August 2003 - 07:54
    ARE U for REAL.... I mean... talking about ABBA... the €urovision -song "Waterloo" was NOT their best material.... and that is what I was talking about. ABBA made some classic hits in it's time and Waterloo was nowhere even NEAR their best stuff... I don't usually like that "middle-of-the-road-stuff" but I DO like MELODIC pop-songs, like The Beatles, and many others too, like 10cc.... I am more of a rock and roll-man myself, but I like to keep my eyes and ears open... you never know what might be coming along and occasionally some band that does not mean a thing to You takes You by surprise.... Like Soul Asylum's "Runaway Train" .... it kind of kept on playing and playing in my head and started kind of growing on me, and finally I started liking it.... a bit monotonous it was... but, what the hell... I have heard worse songs in my years.... and a song with a story is allways better than that baby-baby-OH-baby-stuff, anyway!

Bye!!!

H.H.
    Why do you bump stupid topics only to pay them out???

2. Music   -   #22
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by H.H.@3 August 2003 - 23:11
    Ok. to test all You €uro-idiots, let's have a pop quiz:

1. WHO won the contest in 2002?

2. Who won the contest in 2001?

3. Who won the contest in 2000?

D'You know??? Does ANYBODY know???Does anybody even CARE?

well.... I sure as hell DON'T!!!

Bye, all You hairy little music-lovers!!!

Sleep tight and try not to let the bedbugs bite.... ciao!!! Kiss, kiss, bye, bye!!!

H.H. 
    1. Marie N - I Wanna
    runner up Ira Losco - 7th Wonder
    2. Tanel Padar, Dave Benton & 2XL - Everybody
    runner up Rollo & King - Never Ever Let You Go
    3. The Olsen Brothers - Fly on the wings of love .
    runner up Alsou - Solo

Well why i know... i like music, and i'm not to shortsided to open my mind and ears to new stuff (and i have some strange mindtwist to remember all unnecessary stuf from music and movies and forget the important things).

About the Abba song Waterloo bashing, 1st of all the songs need to fit in the rules set for the contest. That limits the possibilities/musical freedom for artists!
    2nd all artist need to devellop creativity and find there style. It happened to the beatles, stones and even your beloved 10CC... Abba went through the same stage

Music taste will be always difficult to debate. If you don't like stuff you just say that, don't say it's crap, just because YOU don't like it. That's hardly an objective opinion...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123