Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Funny, Racist or Neither.

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ah its a fine line , I find it funny but its the stereotype that people have a problem with . Example put a watermelon with two honkies chasing a black guy and its not as funny .

2. Lounge   -   #32
    akshunj's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metal maniac View Post
    That's what I don't get people can call people retards until their face turns blue and women bitches and ho's but as soon as you use the word nigger! The world stops! WTF! Don't you think a retarded person would take an insult alot worse then a black person or should at least! That's just my opinion and if you don't like it! I really don't care!
    Wow, the anonymity of the internet is like a cloak of courage to you guys. You put it over yourself, and all of a sudden you can post racist pictures and start hurling the word "nigger" around. And the more intellectual among you get a chance to wax philosophical about the nature of reverse-racism and the insidious nature of hip-hop culture. I wonder if this thread would have even begun if your full real names and locations were attached to your post.

Hmmm, I think I can recall another group of people the behave in a similar fashion. Only they wear *actual* cloaks...

And then I ask myself, why did I even bother to reply to this thread as all I will get is more of the same? It was as if I was expecting to have an intelligent conversation...

So......flame away

3. Lounge   -   #33
    metal maniac's Avatar ThrashSpeedDeath\m/ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    That's what I don't get people can call people retards until their face turns blue and women bitches and ho's but as soon as you use the word nigger! The world stops! WTF! Don't you think a retarded person would take an insult alot worse then a black person or should at least! That's just my opinion and if you don't like it! I really don't care!
    Wow, the anonymity of the internet is like a cloak of courage to you guys. You put it over yourself, and all of a sudden you can post racist pictures and start hurling the word "nigger" around. And the more intellectual among you get a chance to wax philosophical about the nature of reverse-racism and the insidious nature of hip-hop culture. I wonder if this thread would have even begun if your full real names and locations were attached to your post.

Hmmm, I think I can recall another group of people the behave in a similar fashion. Only they wear *actual* cloaks...

And then I ask myself, why did I even bother to reply to this thread as all I will get is more of the same? It was as if I was expecting to have an intelligent conversation...

So......flame away
    That's exactly my point! You can call people retards! Women Ho's and whores but if you say nigger then all hell breaks loose! Oh, Lets kill him cause he said nigger! Gee so who's more sensitive then I wonder! Either it's all or none! Everyone is equally able to be offended or no one!Why should someone who's of a different color be in the clear but a mentally challenged person isnt! Once again "I call BULLSHIT!!!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

Try not to judge too harshly as its the lounge , the pecker wood forum is still open .

So......flame away

Try not to judge too harshly as it is the lounge .
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-16-2007 at 06:06 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    The picture, in and of itself isn't racist, the reaction of the viewer is what woulld define racism. If they saw an old man being mugged by two young men then what's racist about that. If they saw two black men trying to steal fried chicken then they would be reacting to stereotypes and racism would have to be considered.

That of course changes when the text is added, it adds the stereotypes, without the viewer having to see them for themselves. The final product is racist, what remains is whether the viewer choses to accept the stereotypes or to reject them for their racism.

Oh and it's not funny. An old man in what looks like a violent conflict with two considerably younger men is not a funny situation. Adding racist text doesn't change that.

"Col Sanders scores the winning touchdown in the annual KFC football match" may have made it funny, that's just a matter of taste tho'.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I reckon my text was funnier.

That is because I find lots of stereotypes funny. As you say, a matter of taste.

I recently* found out that in America, there exists a stereotype that black people eat nothing but fried chicken and water-melons. It amuses me much like the poll findings that 10% of Americans think ice-cream is the work of the devil. People doing stupid things and thinking stupid stuff makes me laugh.

Doesn't have to be the USA, I found it funny last year that Mourinho appeared to believe that it was impossible to get educated on the Portugese island of Madeira. Lots of Portugese people think that way, apparently

Anyway, of course the picture isn't racist. It could only be the picture in conjunction with my words that would be racist.

I wondered if my use of the word 'niggaz' would be worse than the black folk trying to steal the fried chicken from the white guy.
    I think most people feel it was

* no rod.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    I find stereotypes funny as well. However that doesn't mean they are all fair game for humour. That's Bernard Manning thinking. (Jim Davidson, for the younger element)

Bearing in mind I will happily post anti-hun humour, so I'm not claiming any moral high ground here.

Just saying like.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    I find stereotypes funny as well. However that doesn't mean they are all fair game for humour. That's Bernard Manning thinking. (Jim Davidson, for the younger element)

Bearing in mind I will happily post anti-hun humour, so I'm not claiming any moral high ground here.

Just saying like.

Jim Davidson for the "younger crowd".... that would cover the 40-60 y/o... what are you, 100?

10. Lounge   -   #40

So......flame away
    Wow! This is the internet. Take a Xanax! Isn't there a march or something today?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast