Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The "retired trader" phenomenon

DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    It also could be that they do it so all the torrent sites staff that are on here see it.

Then if the trader actually stops trading and in a few months gains an invite to a site that doesn't support traders, but is kind enough to give an ex-trader a chance.

Who knows maybe the staff will give him a break and just keep a close eye on his account instead of banning/disabling the person as soon they check the site.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    I can definitely see alot of validity in that thought.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    retire or not your trading history doesnt dissapear ..

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    My vote goes to:

Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    -Do they want to pretend to be trusted non-traders so as to get invites they couldn't get via trading?
    Quite a number of these people, if you look hard enough you will find a few within this thread.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    you are a retired trader yourself znik so why don't u tell us ?
    and how the hell do you know that?
    Have I ever traded with you and I don't know about it?
    Have I ever used you (or anyone else) as a middleman?
    Have you seen any trading post or thread of me out of my 1000+ posts all these years?
    Have I ever traded any of my accounts that I am not aware of?
    Have I ever used a "retired trader" sign in my signature as you, or have I ever posted a pompus retirement thread?

Anyway, my question was not why someone is retiring from trading, but why he should declare it publically and write it on his face.
    Last edited by znik; 09-18-2007 at 08:08 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    It has been a new trend as trading has been tagged with a bad stigma. I think it became the trend here as so many things have. It will be popular for a while and then the sheep will continue trading, when it is no longer cool.

I personally think it is good that people step away from the trading. I don't think that people need to publicly announce it, unless they have ulterior motives. I have seen many retire and then get right back into it as soon as that greed kicks in or they don't get what they thought retiring would bring them.

Just let your actions speak for who you are and no announcement will be required...

This thread seems to be very similar to o ne I posted about 3 months ago.
    Actions? What actions, your post was nice, but there are not any actions, its just a forum and all you can do is type - no speak or act.

@Znik: nice topic you could add a poll to save some reading.

Also I am thinking of starting a poll with subject why some members are using bold or blue or big or other distinctive letters. What would you think about it?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    you are a retired trader yourself znik so why don't u tell us ?
    and how the hell do you know that?
    Have I ever traded with you and I don't know about it?
    Have I ever used you (or anyone else) as a middleman?
    Have you seen any trading post or thread of me out of my 1000+ posts all these years?
    Have I ever traded any of my accounts that I am not aware of?
    Have I ever used a "retired trader" sign in my signature as you, or have I ever posted a pompus retirement thread?

Anyway, my question was not why someone is retiring from trading, but why he should declare it publically and write it on his face.
    Yeh you have traded.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...request-157763

kkthxsbai.
    eee

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    yes and with whom had I traded JA and who would really give me an oink for a TL?

Anyway, yes it was an (unsuccessful) attempted trade I didn't even remember way back when I was a noob. I never declared myself a retired trader though after that "trade".

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Hardly makes him a trader though does it lol
    Rent this space

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    yes and with whom had I traded JA and who would really give me an oink for a TL?

Anyway, yes it was an (unsuccessful) attempted trade I didn't even remember way back when I was a noob. I never declared myself a retired trader though after that "trade".
    What does it matter if it was successful or not? You tried to trade, therefore you were a trader.
    Maybe not now, but you were, seriously no hard feelings.

Just saying stuff like you never ever traded was a lie

But anyhow hope we still cool.

Anyhow to answer your question, personally i just put Retired up because stopped trading and i don't hang around here as much as i use to. Thus the "retired"

Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    It also could be that they do it so all the torrent sites staff that are on here see it.

Then if the trader actually stops trading and in a few months gains an invite to a site that doesn't support traders, but is kind enough to give an ex-trader a chance.

Who knows maybe the staff will give him a break and just keep a close eye on his account instead of banning/disabling the person as soon they check the site.
    And yeh thats 110% true.
    Last edited by Me<3You; 09-18-2007 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    eee

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast