Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feds Warning

Hey All<

I have seen the same message on movies I d/l&#39;ed but I haven&#39;t seen the Copyrights police yet.... I also have like 55gigs of movies..

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Have you bought a dvd recently... well if you had you might have known that they have the warning on most stuff, it&#39;s just so you don&#39;t start making copies & selling them.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by Mobas@13 July 2003 - 02:03
    Why is it such a big deal for Iraq to have WMD, and not the US?.....Probably because the US is not prone to use WMD. We would only use them if there was no other means in defeating an enemy. If Iraq had them, they would of used them on Israel or to take over a small country (like Kuwait). We don&#39;t go around trying to conquer other countries....even though we could pretty much whip any countries a&#036;&#036; if we really wanted too.
    Yes, the u.s could whip any country they wanted as most americans come from the united kingdom and invading countrys is what we do best&#33;

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    chalkmongoose
    If they did, I&#39;d have been busted a long while ago. And not to start a riot, but if the Iraq army had WMD, why didn&#39;t they use &#39;em? The only thing we&#39;re going to find in Iraq is missles inscribed "To my hump buddy Saddam, from Bush the Elected"

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@8 July 2003 - 22:35
    Arm you are the ignornat fool...There are WMD&#39;s in Iraq. Im not saying there are Nuclear Misslies. WMD DOES NOT mean Nuclear Misslies like the ones that make mushroom clouds. But there are nuclear misslies that are much smaller in size. About the size of a Adult Human or roughly the length of a car. There are also the bio-weapons which are WMD. The Iraq soldiers used Bio-weapons on US Soldiers in the first Gulf War, as i do know a person who had Bio-weapons used on him during the first Gulf War. Stop your fighting.
    Really? Do you have any proof to back that up or are you just going off bullshit you heard on the news? If you knew anything on the subject then you would know that it&#39;s impossible that Iraq has them.

The most important being if Iraq had them then how come they didn&#39;t use them?
    Could it be because they don&#39;t hve any?

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Just to let you all know, I had a hulk movie that I downloaded and I was told by my isp that universal studio&#39;s contacted them. I was told to remove the movie and any other copyrighted material I had on my computer.

Talk about a shock. I am not sure how they figured it out, but if anyone knows I would love to find out. I used eMule as a p2p program.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by tiggersbowl@15 July 2003 - 01:06
    Just to let you all know, I had a hulk movie that I downloaded and I was told by my isp that universal studio&#39;s contacted them. I was told to remove the movie and any other copyrighted material I had on my computer.

Talk about a shock. I am not sure how they figured it out, but if anyone knows I would love to find out. I used eMule as a p2p program.
    Because you shared the file(partial file sharing as well), they have automated bots that scan for files and download from you there by knowing you have the file.
    I suggest you install peergurdian and update it regularly, it works by blocking the ip address of filesharing enemys, although it&#39;s not full proof.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    So to wrap this whole thing up, they CANT put tracking devices into AVI files?

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Originally posted by downloader2008@15 July 2003 - 03:31
    So to wrap this whole thing up, they CANT put tracking devices into AVI files?
    Not nescessary true, i dont know about avi&#39;s, but i heard that guy who ripped that workprint of the hulk got found out, how?

Because when he ripped it from the source, probally a dvd/cd somthing in digital format anyway, a program phoned home alerting them to it.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by junkyardking+15 July 2003 - 00:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 15 July 2003 - 00:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-downloader2008@15 July 2003 - 03:31
    So to wrap this whole thing up, they CANT put tracking devices into AVI files?&nbsp;
    Not nescessary true, i dont know about avi&#39;s, but i heard that guy who ripped that workprint of the hulk got found out, how?

Because when he ripped it from the source, probally a dvd/cd somthing in digital format anyway, a program phoned home alerting them to it. [/b][/quote]
    An AVI file can be a renamed ASF or WMV file that CAN have phone-home abilities in it. I&#39;ve gotten a few DragonBall Z episodes that do that. But that&#39;s off-topic. Only Microsoft video editing software would be so evil as to track your actions and phone home for copyright violations.

But the Hulk workprint would either be made from a DVD or the original film source. Each work copy sent out to theaters might have a marker in it to say which number it is -- then it&#39;s a matter of eliminating suspects to determine who at a given theater leaked a copy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast