Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do You Remove Programs From Add/remove.

where can i get full uninstall.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by Lamsey@7 July 2003 - 11:26
    You can do this using TweakUI.
    RegCleaner also works.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    I got these tips directly from a magazine I bought. I tried them. They work.
    (Note: I'm on XP Home Edition)

To remove programs listed in the add or remove program utility list that are already removed from your computer.(Improper uninstallation is usually the cause).
    - (If your unsure what you're doing backup the registry first). Click Run from the start menu. Type regedit. In the left pane find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL. Expand the tree beneath uninstall to find all the listings in your add or remove programs utility. Right-click the entry in the left pane and select delete.

Also, to remove hidden programs,(like 3d pinball etc.), follow these instructions to unhide them.

Open windows explorer, and find the C:\windows\inf folder. Open the folder and display the sysoc.inf file in notepad. (I just did a search for the file). Below the [Components] section, you will find listings for Terminal server, auto update, etc.. Look for the word "Hide" toward the end of the command string for each component. If it is present, your system is hiding that component from the Add or remove programs utility. Delete HIDE from the component string to make it appear in the add/remove program utility. Note that a comma separates each of the commands in a string. Preserve all of the commas so that 2 commas now precede the final item in the string. Save the file before closing. To check your handiwork, open the add/remove programs utility. From the menu on the left side, click on add/remove windows components to see the now "unhidden" items. Now you can remove them.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    norton cleansweep in systemworks good, pick a prog to uninstall and it searches for it plus any files linked to it like browser plugins etc, you then have a choice of what you wanna get rid of.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    McGee's Avatar Poster
    Use jv16 power tools -> registry -> uninstall. Delete the entry.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    go to RUN > type 'regedit' > EDIT > FIND > type what it is > DELETE > DONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12