Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can i get an ISP service of another country?

SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenx View Post
    Your better off getting a dedicated server/seedbox. However to transfer the files (download them to your computer) all depends on your isp download speed.
    well i want to change my isp download speed here. so seedbox is of no use

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13

This is the reception-range for Astra satellite Internet.

The reception-range for Eutelsat (Atlantic Bird & 2)

skyDSL for example provides a hardware packet (PCI-card & sat-dish) but that might cost extra, I don't know.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I looked at a few sites and the speed isn't that great either.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    First off, the only way to use an international or foreign service to connect to or use on the Internet is via satellite. DSL, Cable and standard dialup access are all bound to national and local owners therefore your choice is limited.

Well, ordering and using a satellite internet offer from another country can work if you are inside the satellite broadcast range. A friend of mine did that a few years ago as there were no such offers in Austria yet and despite the prize, he has been happy about it.

But that aside, you'll probably never be satisfied enough with those offers (assuming you're living somewhere in Europe) because they are rather expensive (i.e. 1MBit/s = 30 €). The cheapest offer I know is skyDSL with an offer of 50 € for a 4MBit/s Flatrate (plus an option for 24MBit/s with additional transfer fees).

If you think this over, your local ISP with the 6144/600 offer might just be the best solution because you're also saving yourself some trouble.

Depending on what your goals are, you might just want to rent a seedbox or try Usenet access if you have trouble keeping ratios.
    you are right... i looked up the satellite companys mentioned in this thread and their prices are super expensieve for services that are even more lame than what is available in my country. in addition they only allow a one way internet connection through satellite (only download) and the upload is still made through your local isp (from what i understand). my main goal is to (greatly) increase upload speed rather than download speed, so satellite is not a solution for me...

now regarding seedboxes, i didnt quite understand how it works? do i download stuff to my seedbox/server in their speeds and than transfer it to my hdd in my isp speeds and share it from my hdd using my isp upload speed? or can i download stuff to my seedbox/server and share it through a bittorent client directly from the seedbox/server in the seedbox's/server's speeds?
    Last edited by shishio64; 09-21-2007 at 10:15 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    You download whatever to your seedbox and "seed" it from there of course.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm on satellite and there's nothing excellent about it.....20kb/s max upload for me

Not to mention that I can't get connectable
    Last edited by bblogs; 09-21-2007 at 10:42 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    A seedbox is your own server somewhere on the internet usually with a 10/10 or 100/100 MBit/s connection where you can run a BitTorrent client. There are of course limitations like free harddisk space (on virtual servers this might become a problem) or traffic limits per month (depending on the rented box you'll have limits of several hundred GB's or maybe 1-2 TB's, more traffic generally costs more).

But there are already hundreds of threads on that topic, I believe you'll find plenty with the keyword seedbox

Oh and before I forget it, there do exist satellite internet connections with uplink also. Well, I know one that's already open for the public, its name is Tooway. As you can see though, the available packages are not nearly enough to be satisfying, not counting the high setup costs (400 €).

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    A seedbox is your own server somewhere on the internet usually with a 10/10 or 100/100 MBit/s connection where you can run a BitTorrent client. There are of course limitations like free harddisk space (on virtual servers this might become a problem) or traffic limits per month (depending on the rented box you'll have limits of several hundred GB's or maybe 1-2 TB's, more traffic generally costs more).

But there are already hundreds of threads on that topic, I believe you'll find plenty with the keyword seedbox

Oh and before I forget it, there do exist satellite internet connections with uplink also. Well, I know one that's already open for the public, its name is Tooway. As you can see though, the available packages are not nearly enough to be satisfying, not counting the high setup costs (400 €).

9. BitTorrent   -   #19

10. BitTorrent   -   #20

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast