Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leaving FST

Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    there are a few trackers out there banning just for being a member here...
    Name them. FST has a large userbase that probably feed with bandwidth and money those trackers.

Shame on them.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I don't understand how anyone could see anything bad if people are on FST, and they're not trading and they get to know each other and trust each other before they give out invites. I mean, hell, I'd probably trust a lot of the people here more than I'd trust giving an invite to one of my friends "in real life".

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    If there was no trading section here there would be no problems.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    While I would like to see all trading gone from here, I don't see it as a valid reason for banning. Not everyone trades here, and only narrowminded powerwhores of admins ban people for being a member here. I just say good riddance to those trackers. No admin is gonna tell me to do anything not directly related to his site. And being a member here does not fall into that category.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    It just that proper private sites are never going to happy with a site that allows breaking there sites rules. I agree its harsh as there is a lot non traders here but if your in there position you take whatever measures possible to keep the site private as it can be.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    If you are forced to go then why are you sticking around this thread to further irritate whoever is forcing you to go and honestly to me that sounds like rubbish, how can a tracker tell you what community you should be apart of - the only thing I can think of is you may have violated a rule (such as invite trading etc).

Anyway man have a safe trip out.

See you later as some other username
    Last edited by seanbee; 09-22-2007 at 02:25 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    its up to a person to trade or not, fst doesnt tell a person to trade or not and moreover look at someguys here, there are really good sharers.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    there are a few trackers out there banning just for being a member here...
    i know for a fact that bitmetv does this.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Clean little helper BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    The only reason I'm still here is because I wasn't banned yet. I just hope that I won't have to break the rules just to get banned. Anyway, nobody forces you to read this. And I didn't break any rule at that tracker. But I had to choose between being a member there and here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbee View Post
    whoever is forcing you to go and honestly to me that sounds like rubbish, how can a tracker tell you what community you should be apart of - the only thing I can think of is you may have violated a rule (such as invite trading etc).
    Try telling that to x264 staff. I dare you to go in their IRC and mention that you are a member of FST

They don't give a shit whether you trade or not. If they did, then I wouldn't be banned from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast