Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: linux bittorrent client?

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy954 View Post
    for nCore it will hit 99% then go back down to 97 and stuff.. but still seeds and dl, but with alotta errors :|
    sounds like it doesn't have the ability to block peers that send bad data.
    be careful. this may result in huge downloads and could mess up your ratio.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I myself never ever use torrentflux anymore. It kills any server because of buggy bittornado. Try this one: http://www.thewulong.com/w3btorrent/?page=torrents
    at least it's more server friendly. btw you may feel some problems with your browser that's because of AJAXified script!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Try uTorrent via wine or kTorrent.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    ¤xXx¤ BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by kaambiz View Post
    I myself never ever use torrentflux anymore. It kills any server because of buggy bittornado. Try this one: http://www.thewulong.com/w3btorrent/?page=torrents
    at least it's more server friendly. btw you may feel some problems with your browser that's because of AJAXified script!
    I cant get it working , it shows a X after the nohup part :|

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    When i run linux (Ubuntu 7.04) i use Deluge for torrents.. thinks its pretty nice

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    i tried torrentvolve, it hangs when logging in :|

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I have only found rtorrent and torrentleech to work on keyweb.de vps and torrentleech drives me nuts(512 RAM NOT enough for 1 DVD-R!) anyone using something else on keyweb?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    i tried a few apps, none worked :|

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    rtorrent+libtorrent is a easypeasy to set up. it took me about 20 minutes to do it the first time on ubuntu.

i used this guide - How to Install the Latest Version of rTorrent - A guide for installing the latest stable version of rTorrent on Ubuntu. - Softpedia

that link isnt for the latest stable version though, all you need to do is change the version numbers to the latest.

it couldnt be easier.

once installed you have to learn to use rtorrent, which takes a bit of getting used to, but its really very straightforward after a little while.

you also need to learn how to configure rtorrent by setting up the .rtorrent.rc file - just google for that, theres loads of info out there.

you can also try azureus but its not the latest version in the repositories, so will be classed as a banned client on a lot of private trackers (BMTV for example).

i tell you what chewey, if you invite me to RevTT, i'll set up your seedbox for you.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 10-02-2007 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12