1 1.12%
  • Multiple versions of MS

2 2.25%
  • MS Windows and Linux

5 5.62%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which OS Do You Use

Poster
    All of them except windows XP. No need for it at the moment and Win2K outperforms it by far anyway.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    All of them except windows XP. No need for it at the moment and Win2K outperforms it by far anyway.
    No way

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    XP is by far the best....anyway it doesnt look like ur always to sure about things....after all in ur sig a little kid is sticking a butter knife where in the socket....hmm...he is gonna DIE big time when he gets shocked.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    shouldnt this have stayed in Filesharing?....I was talking about the hosts file..or well nevermind i already got the info i needed.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Actually tests do indicate that win 2k outperforms win xp. Check pc Powerplay a few months back if I remeber correctly (Australian).

Xp pro 2600, I only have a modem but I'm connected almost 24/7 so I have plently of 100+mb files on my list.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by mogadishu@9 July 2003 - 01:54
    windows 2000 professional. best os out there.
    I couldn't have said it better myself - and I have used XP quite a bit. I have 2 Win2K Pro machines. While graphically XP may look like it has better bells and whistles, Win2K can do everything that XP can do and it has way less system resources. XP also suffers from the same thing that made WinMe totally suck balls - that damn useless System Restore "feature." Even if you disable it it still takes up system resources.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ive got xp on my laptop now,which is soon gonna change to 2k
    and on my other computer, it started of as win 98se, then winme, then 2k, then me again, then xp, and its got 2k again, but i might put xp on ma desktop when i get a new one soon.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    xp pro+sp1

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    jetje's Avatar former star
    As DarkBlizard NOT requested... but it is some time ago, so could be interesting! B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@9 July 2003 - 07:13
    XP is by far the best....anyway it doesnt look like ur always to sure about things....after all in ur sig a little kid is sticking a butter knife where in the socket....hmm...he is gonna DIE big time when he gets shocked.
    One knife in one socket will not hurt you!

That's the point of that picture.

If you had two knives, one in each hand, one in each side of the plug, then it would be a circuit and a problem.

As long as you don't complete a circuit or touch a potential ground when holding a wire, it's relatively safe.

And I'd feel more comfortable with a knife in a socket than with XP on my computer!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast