• Other

1 1.12%
  • Multiple versions of MS

2 2.25%
  • MS Windows and Linux

5 5.62%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which OS Do You Use

What happens if the kids touching something thats earthed? he'll still get shocked.
    Edit: Sorry didn't read all of balamm's post, he mentions the earthed thing. Btw you'll always get a shock touching a mains cable, whether its large enough to feel/affect u will depend on what else u r touching, how good a path to earth it offers and whether you're hands are wet.
    Its all a form of natural selection, if u're dum enough to try messing with mains electricity then perhaps the gene pool isn't the right place for u.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yip.

that'll teach em though.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Windows XP Pro SP1 on the one computer.
    Windows ME on the other.
    Windows 3.11 on my main system!!!
    You just can't beat the good old days when it took the best part of 2 days to install a program that was the size of a couple of floppy discs eh?

Sorry about posting this twice, my computer screwed up! Serves me right for using 3.11.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    I use XP Pro and Gentoo.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i use xp, then virtual pc to run 2000, and Redhat Linux .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Windows XP. Home Edition right now because it came with the PC, but I might do a full format & reinstall of it, this time the Lamsey Corporate Edition

But (looking at the poll options) - since when Microsoft omit the Windows part of its OSs' names?

XP also suffers from the same thing that made WinMe totally suck balls - that damn useless System Restore "feature." Even if you disable it it still takes up system resources.
    Confucious say - What is one person's annoyance is another person's godsend.
    I'm sorry if I offend some people...but I am not one to completely flush out and reinstall Windows & all my programs at the event of a semi-serious system problem. I could use GoBack in Norton Systemworks, but AFAIK it only does manual backups while System Restore does it for every day & every time I install something. Almost a year since my first install of WinXP and I haven't had to reinstall it once, despite installing & uninstalling near 100 different pieces of software, and I can base a lot of that on System Restore.

True that it should be have the option of taking it off like other Windows components, but just because it can't and you don't like it doesn't mean that others don't feel the same. Check one of the numorous WinXP tweak sites to see if there is a way to take it off - If a program can be done which uninstalls DirectX, there's gotta be one for System Restore.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    exactly!
    bump

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    Windows XP Pro Corporate currently, but I'm seriously thinking about switching back to Win2k. I also want to install Gentoo Linux, as an experiment.

WinXP/Gentoo or Win2k/Gentoo?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    Xp for me.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    XP is shit totally slow and uses a lot of your cpu!!! 2000 is perfect for everything!! XP Sucks Hard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast