Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like STMusic is the best

Why are you so against stmusic and softmp3?

I dont know stats for stm, but softmp3 is 3874% seeder/leecher ratio.

Holy shit STM went up 120 users in half an hour.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm not against either of them, but providing the appellation of "best" for either is a bit nonsensical.

They both provide a specialized type of music for a select listening group. They "advertise" themselves as 0-day and scene, when they are anything but.

If you're going to go with the best, go with something which offers an equal selection of musical genres and an immense amount of files such as, again, Soulseek or Usenet.

EDIT: 3874% is awful, by the way.
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-24-2007 at 04:30 AM.

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    yes Skizo, i agree with you its not the best. Ive said it numerous times already.

But for me its either stmusic or soulseek and I prefer torrenting for music.

57360 users so far.

usenet costs money
    soulseek i dont trust it.

38.74 seeds for 1 leech is a pretty good ratio. FTN doesn't have a ratio that good.
    Last edited by Probability; 10-24-2007 at 04:35 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Probability View Post
    Stmusic aint that bad, its no oink but there's no alternative. I'm just trying to point people to whats left.

I tried soulseek a while back but there's so many files, bitrates, same song has 10 different sizes, different lengths and different bitrates.

If oink comes back, it wont be for a long time. In the meantime you gotta download music
    Yes, selection is terrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability View Post
    yes Skizo, i agree with you its not the best. Ive said it numerous times already.
    How many of your 9 posts does this "numerous" consist of?

Anyhow, yes, oink offered quite a bit as far as music went, but even in the torrent world there are better alternatives than STMusic and/or softMP3.
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-24-2007 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Is there something better than stmusic? Go ahead and post it.

How many times do I have to tell you its not the best? Are you dumb or something try reading posts. I tell you multiple times and now you're arguing with me about how many times....its greater than 1.

57401 users
    Last edited by Probability; 10-24-2007 at 04:45 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Anyhow, yes, oink offered quite a bit as far as music went, but even in the torrent world there are better alternatives than STMusic and/or softMP3.
    Please enlighten us. I would love to start checking out a few alternative trackers now that Oink is sausage.

Although I love usenet, the lack of comments attached to posts makes it difficult at times to evaluate a download. That's one benefit trackers have over usenet. I can't count the number of times someone posted on Oink that track "such-and-such" is bad or is a transcode. Saves me bandwidth and time.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    ive just joined stmusic and softmp3 today, in case either of them become the "new" oink.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    stmusic and softmp3 were both nice sites to use on the side of oink..
    but now, when you don't have a good source beside them... they just look bad.

i'm so glad I have IT or I'd be jumping off walls trying to find some decent music today.

PS: VIPMusic > STMusic+SoftMP3, figured I should throw that in there.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    vipmusic blows

soulseek:
    you download from 1 peer per file not like limewire, kazaa
    you have queues
    slow download speed, like 5kb/s-15kb/s
    questionable varying lengths on songs, like the same song will appear 3:00 mins long and 3:35 mins long
    transcodes
    no comments on the files, with torrents you can post comments about the file
    shitty useless "rooms"

Torrents are the way to go.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Usenet is the way to go.

yo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast