Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oink Donations SCAMS

iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Read the sticky and stop posting this kind of URL for god sake.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Those numbers does not have to be right though. Can be fake just to lure people that people actually have donated and make them donate. Let's hope that's the case.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    wow its to bad that is scam,page looks really good.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Sit down, and shut the fuck up.

Right -- This stops now.

I'm Paine. I used to be a moderator at OiNK.cd, until, as you know, we were shut down by the BPI and IFPI.

Now, there are far, FAR too many rumours flying around, and I wanted to set some shit straight.

1. There is no official OiNK IRC right now.

No. The Dalnet IRC is by no means "official". In fact, the staff are point blank refusing to use dalnet. The complete lack of both SSL and vhosts/cloaking makes it a very poor choice. I, personally, am currently on irc://fucknet.wtf.la in #oink, however no other staff (at the time of writing) are, although I am in contact with them.

2. OiNK will _NOT_ be up today, or tomorrow.

We're not magic. None of the moderators have access to the current code and databases right now -- in fact, neither does OiNK himself, as his stuff was confiscated (remember the crap you saw in the plastic bags on the news?). People purporting to be TMT and/or OiNK are, to be frank, lying their fucking asses off.

3. There is currently _NO_ "save oink" fund.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT give ANY money to ANY of these fake funds you are seeing. They are scams. OiNK will not see a penny of this money, and neither will you.

4. OiNK himself is safe and well.

He's fine and out on bail.

5. There is no "official" OiNK forum right now.

While there may not be an official forum, a lot of our ex-users are flocking to http://www.ohax.com/phpBB2/ -- Some of the users on there are actually staff. However there are also people maliciously using that site to link to scam sites and other various filth.

Anyway, I hope that's settled a lot of shit. If you're in doubt I'm who I say I am, then don't believe me. I encourage you all to exercise extreme caution when people are floating around throwing names about left right and center saying these things. The "TMT" on Dalnet was not our TMT. In fact, nobody has been in contact with him, and I expect it will remain that way for a very long time.

Edit: A few people have asked me if we logged the IP you snatched things from. The answer is no, we did not log snatch IPs.

Edit 2: This is an important one -- Your passwords do NOT need to be changed, they were stored as salted MD5 hashes. All the authorities have is the hashes. The only way they can get the original passwords is via brute force. The chances of that are slim to none if you followed standard good password practice. found @ THC

btw, here is the link if someone finds it annoying to read in quote...or seeks for later updates.

http://tehpaine.blogspot.com

This was originally posted here by the user SQUIRR3L

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-update-243407 <<<============
    Last edited by sleepyy; 10-26-2007 at 10:43 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Thanks sleepyy I was going to post this here but I havent gotten around to it. I am trying to organise a way to get these 5cumbags back in This thread

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Beavis and Butthead were good for business.....

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Looks like we have a winner!!

http://tehpaine.blogspot.com

Thanks sabotank
    Last edited by Detale; 11-11-2007 at 06:11 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123