Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how about we stop torrent trading!!!

GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    its no one fault that was meant to happen even if fst didn't exist and i think that this will happen for most of trackers admins if they got cought
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    BTW OiNK allowed INVITES TRADING!
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    luckylittle's Avatar Custom user title
    ViPMusic: 2007-10-26 - United we stand, divided we fall?
    Whoa, so much happening lately: our CTO (Chief Technical Officer is still missing since September), Oink went down recently and VIPmusic was mentioned in the article at billboard.com as in "the IFPI's cross-hairs". Due to the fact that our CTO is still out of reach (more about our fears in the corresponding thread) we might suspend the operations. There are few things that I'd like to make clear: server HDD's are encrypted with AES and are locked out (only our CTO had access to the server because of security concerns) that is why user database would not be accessible to any third parties. Also unused donations will be sent to EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) which is fighting for free speech rights on the internet.
    DO NOT PM ME FOR INVITE(S)!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    These people who talk go around looking at the regular users and looking at sites They are not stupid they do this all day long so even if we all shut up they still know about it that's their job it makes no difference.

Many of the people here who have been here years and look trust worthy members could also be part of this group it makes no difference in my opinion the only way i could see to prevent this is open once close forever even then there is no 100 percent solution but then if the site is crap users will not end up useing the site and it was all a waste of time by the end of it.

I noticed one site inpeticular who does this every now and then when they lack the user for what ever reason they open registration for one hour or so and close quickly they had over 1000 new members in one hour alone and were closed by the time the news was addvertised on a fourm similar to this they closed quickly.

Now can anyone see a problem with this? 1000 new members in one hour? people set these sites as their home page hahaha yes it is exclusive but what is there to say mr copy right person does not do the same
    Last edited by sleepyy; 10-26-2007 at 07:45 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    The only 100% solution is to close the tracker. Since that won't happen people need to stop freaking about this matter and move on.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    pbjabba's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Its alright for the people who already have a good range of trackers to 'retire' from trading. Users with slower uploads don't really get a chance in giveaways because they're always passed over in favour of people with quicker speeds. I'm not against trading because it can be helpful for both parties. The thing that sucks about trading though is that you can't be sure if the person your dealing with is a good user or in genuine need of access to a particular tracker so i can understand why people are against it.
    And you know what? Macs are too hip. "Oh, look at me! I do graphic design! I wear women's jeans and hang out in coffee shops! I'm a DJ!" Well good for you. My computer is not a fashion statement. It's a computer.
    - Looking for HDBits.org invite - Thanks Magnum

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    only way to fix it is to close invites for all users and never have new users which isnt a good idea and wouldnt work over a long period of time. im sure if any cops or authority people want into a site they can find their way in, even for the hardest sites there is always a way in and it usually isnt too hard. quit worrying about it, they did this as a scare tactic and its working, ignore it and if you happen to own a site have a backup for everything and a backup plan in place. the second they took oink down they could have started opening up the same exact site at a new location if they had the entire thing backed up somewhere with a new person designated to take over while oink was gone. its a pain in the ass but worth it if you're a site owner imo.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

How about start building OiNK back up, so I could start giving away lotsa invites again?

Last edited by fstrulz; 10-27-2007 at 05:56 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thelevy23 View Post
    you say this and you are a trader?
    lamo

former trader
    It is always "easy" for U to say, STOP the Trading Bullshit, after the fact U acquired all your High Level Trackers thru TRading.

U should know about trading for accounts and Invites, I stilll Remember your Offer for UK-T, it was one of the most "Outrageous" oFFER I ever witness.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast