Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much did you DL when you first started using newsgroups?

lol I need to pickup the pace here. I just started a week or two ago and have only downloaded about 50GB. After using private trackers for so long I need to get it get it through my head that I can take whatever I want now.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i started with newshosting ~100GB/month.now i use giganews & ngroups ~200GB/month

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Revo75's Avatar Poster
    how in gods name do you have so much music dean!?!???

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    QstorM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    You guys are MONSTERS! I probably do about 10-15GB monthly. Mostly t.v shows, movies, apps, and documentaries. I have DSL so I don't have the patience to download DVDs or HD movies

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Revo75's Avatar Poster
    you have to get on cable and get an uncapped modem you'll wanna kill your self for having ever used anything else

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by QstorM View Post
    You guys are MONSTERS! I probably do about 10-15GB monthly. Mostly t.v shows, movies, apps, and documentaries. I have DSL so I don't have the patience to download DVDs or HD movies
    Thats why I have 2 internet connections... one for gaming and one for downloading

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    i download enough to get a phone from my isp
    Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    (....God also used OINK..)

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    pbjabba's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    My isp caps my downloads at 30gb, and when i first got premium newsgroups i used the 30gb in less than week. Being shaped back to dial-up speed for 4 weeks isn't fun
    And you know what? Macs are too hip. "Oh, look at me! I do graphic design! I wear women's jeans and hang out in coffee shops! I'm a DJ!" Well good for you. My computer is not a fashion statement. It's a computer.
    - Looking for HDBits.org invite - Thanks Magnum

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    I download interesting PC games, HD movies, OS's and various apps and mp3s here and there. Other than that I don't break more than 200GB a month.

There was a time I constantly had my 12MB connection maxed out while with TorrentLeech. I sat in the top 10 for most downloaded (I was above 12TB within a years time) and one day I woke up and realized that yes, it was like a disease as dasheeki mentioned above. I download the things I need now, nothing more and nothing less. Newsgroups helped me get out of that “ratio and stat counting” rut that torrents seem to be so popular with these days.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Pilferd's Avatar Poster
    360 games and DVD movies puts me at around 150 - 250 a month ...

it be alot more if i wasnt only downloading stuff i already owned ... jus too lazy to back my stuff up myself ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast