Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oink Cheat Script

KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    Now they gone with their secret

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Just go to TBDev. You will see all the original cheat detection stuff there, including some enhancements.

As for cheat detection, it is not a refined art form. I can categorically say that a genuine client can have a funny five minutes, where it can misbehave, which would make an inadequate script think it was dealing with a Ratio Booster.

I should know, as I invented the cheat script in the first place, alongside Purple.
    Could you update it so that it doesn't disable quality members? That would be awesome.
    If you want it to not disable quality members then you wouldnt have a need for it anyways would you? Since it would still not work in your favor so to speak.

BTW TheFox misworded his post above. He meant to say him and purple wrong the Cheat Detection script. Way he posted it may have confused people to think he wrote the cheat script itself lmao

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    there were always ways of getting around it, taking into account that not all people want to get a good ratio, some only want to download their favourite stuff, yet their stats does not update.

Left out

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

Could you update it so that it doesn't disable quality members? That would be awesome.
    If you want it to not disable quality members then you wouldnt have a need for it anyways would you? Since it would still not work in your favor so to speak.
    Sure I would.

Though if it would only disable those that cheat, that would be great. Far too many people have fallen victim to that shit script.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    i had to get my account revoked by the admins twice cause the script kicked me..

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Just go to TBDev. You will see all the original cheat detection stuff there, including some enhancements.

As for cheat detection, it is not a refined art form. I can categorically say that a genuine client can have a funny five minutes, where it can misbehave, which would make an inadequate script think it was dealing with a Ratio Booster.

I should know, as I invented the cheat script in the first place, alongside Purple.
    I never wrote it to disable members in the first place. It was written alongside another little tool, and what it did was to monitor upload against the swarm size, as well as some dodgy client checks, and make a report into a custom forum area.

The idea is that this is classed as an alert, which would allow a staff member to investigate.

Sometimes an alert doesn't indicate that the member is cheating, but actually indicates that a ghost member is cheating (connected members appear to be seeding someone who is not there).

The data obtained from a cheat alert needs to be compared with other data, such as a live peer exchange, to determine if someone is really cheating.

Of course, there are instances where cheating is definitely happening, such as when someone uploads 1PB in 13 seconds, but the majority of alerts are minimal threshold breaches.

The code was never meant to be hooked up to a disablement system, but then if someone wants to pervert the code, who am I to stop them.

Anti cheat was, and still is, considered an aid, and nothing more.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27

I never wrote it to disable members in the first place. It was written alongside another little tool, and what it did was to monitor upload against the swarm size, as well as some dodgy client checks, and make a report into a custom forum area.

The idea is that this is classed as an alert, which would allow a staff member to investigate.

Sometimes an alert doesn't indicate that the member is cheating, but actually indicates that a ghost member is cheating (connected members appear to be seeding someone who is not there).

The data obtained from a cheat alert needs to be compared with other data, such as a live peer exchange, to determine if someone is really cheating.

Of course, there are instances where cheating is definitely happening, such as when someone uploads 1PB in 13 seconds, but the majority of alerts are minimal threshold breaches.

The code was never meant to be hooked up to a disablement system, but then if someone wants to pervert the code, who am I to stop them.

Anti cheat was, and still is, considered an aid, and nothing more.
    Excellent point and I agree with what you said. You should never 100% rely on scripts like that, they are just hints as to who MAY be doing something wrong. Auto disabling leaves room for many errors where just watching the people flagged proves more effective.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The problem is was their blind faith in it.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    oink didnt auto-disable accounts (except in 1 condition which is 100% a cheat)

all the banning was done manually (mostly by tmt) based on various parameters that i wont get into...

they did have a mistake in their script that misclassified some proper clients as cheater clients, but that only occured on specific conditions (which i cant get into without revealing the cheating detetction method).. they were not aware of the mistake which is y it was never fixed.

i do agree though that they had too much trust in their scripts (and i m not referring to just the anti-cheating system)...

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    There cheat scripts are actually good, its just their staff thats just a bit....ehk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast