Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fsc users...

TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    The only time the server gets overloaded is when some kiddie attempts to knock us off, which does happen from time to time.

On the whole, server load is around 0.40, which is way within limits, with a CPU load of around 25%.

What your experiencing is called lag. It is when the bandwidth is not enough to cater for all traffic to and from the datacenter, or even region/backbone. This can happen in some countries.

Also, it only takes one piece of hardware to overheat, and many servers become snookered from the outside world.

The best servers money can buy are hosted in the EU or the US, but to be honest, you would have to be completely simple to want to host in the US, and the EU is not far behind with draconian laws to prevent people from sharing.

'Hey! Melvin. Do you want a sweety???'

ATTENTION::: Sharing your sweets is a criminal offence. When you purchased that packet of sweets, it was under the understanding that they were for your own personal consumption. The license agreement clearly states that these sweets are not for public consumption, so STOP sharing them!!!
    Last edited by TheFoX; 10-28-2007 at 02:44 AM. Reason: multiple sweety type typos

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    nihility's Avatar Im not the c0ps loll BT Rep: +3
    sweets*

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    yea it seems a little slower then most other sites for me but not enough to where i would complain or anything, and especially not since i like the site so much other then the little delay.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    patto75's Avatar ///\\\ BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yes for me aswell. Hopefully it will go back to normal.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    The only time the server gets overloaded is when some kiddie attempts to knock us off, which does happen from time to time.

On the whole, server load is around 0.40, which is way within limits, with a CPU load of around 25%.

What your experiencing is called lag. It is when the bandwidth is not enough to cater for all traffic to and from the datacenter, or even region/backbone. This can happen in some countries.

Also, it only takes one piece of hardware to overheat, and many servers become snookered from the outside world.

The best servers money can buy are hosted in the EU or the US, but to be honest, you would have to be completely simple to want to host in the US, and the EU is not far behind with draconian laws to prevent people from sharing.

'Hey! Melvin. Do you want a sweety???'

ATTENTION::: Sharing your sweets is a criminal offence. When you purchased that packet of sweets, it was under the understanding that they were for your own personal consumption. The license agreement clearly states that these sweets are not for public consumption, so STOP sharing them!!!
    Hehehe your asking me if I want a sweety or attempting to share 1 with me?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Nestea's Avatar VIP BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Same here.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    nihility's Avatar Im not the c0ps loll BT Rep: +3
    unfortunately i dont have fsc so i cant be part of this conversation
    maybe one day

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by nihility View Post
    unfortunately i dont have fsc so i cant be part of this conversation
    maybe one day
    FSC comes to you if you qualify to be a member ,you don't even need to ask for it

the site runs very smooth for me at the moment

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    It always ran slow for me but I don't really care, I'm a tolerant guy I can wait for a few seconds without freaking out

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    It's slow since they transfered to ssl, and last couple of days it's pain in the ass to load page.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast