Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what.cd loses an admin...

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    ding...ding...ding warning bells anyone. How can you trust a site that has a 14 year old admin who registers the domain in his own name. Do you really think the coding is up to scratch or your IP/passwords/e-mail are safe...the easy answer is no.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    You dont need to trust it. Just use a different username and pass (and email if you like) than you do everywhere else, if you are worried.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    of course...I would do that anyway but I don't feel like having my IP addy broadcast to the world.

But do what you like, all i am saying is might be an idea to sit back and watch. There's a million invites out there not like you need to beg, why rush in?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    of course...I would do that anyway but I don't feel like having my IP addy broadcast to the world.
    Why would they broadcast it to the world? There may be a load of incompetent and unscrupulous people out there starting sites (which is why I agree use a different username/pass) but what would be possibly be gained by publically broadcasting "we have a user called xyz and his ip is .......!" ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12