Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your seedbox kills my ratio

fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    I agree also on seedboxes but that is not problem if sites like TL,Bitsoup,ST,RevTT and few others have over 40,50K members but the problem is when site like S******,SCT,.. that have no more than 18K so its impossible to seed at least to 1:1 or more..if these site have more member then there will be no problem..

well i have no problem on s**** oday/mp3 is great help..so i can and most there can no have good ratio also

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Racket's Avatar Retired
    Skizo, was the .torrent you uploaded personal content you created? or was it something you got somewhere else? Maybe they could have done the same thing and just jumped from leeching to seeding in 2 secs.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i need a seedbox too. I got ca$h in my paypal, pm me if ur willing to share if I pay you.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    You don't complain about the seedboxes when you get those amazing speeds on sites? And to the guy talking about paying for filesharing? Come on. Boxes are just another tool. Like the bigger HDDs you buy to download with or the faster ISP line. Or all the blank DVDs to store the stuff.

People who say they don't pay for filesharing are the same guys who say they don't pay for sex. Guess what? One way or another...you pay.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thejosher View Post
    Yeah.. I finally gave in a got a box to build a buffer on my most used trackers because of this.

I think maybe an overseeding enforcement on trackers might help.. i.e. not reporting any download after the torrent has reached a 8.00 ratio for example. I dunno.
    There are some mods out there targeted at seed boxes. Its of course up to the site to use them.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    You don't complain about the seedboxes when you get those amazing speeds on sites?
    Well said..

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    yup seedboxes are obstacles to higher ratio, or is not having seedbox an obstacle?

i am looking for a tracker that does not allow seedbox

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    You don't complain about the seedboxes when you get those amazing speeds on sites? And to the guy talking about paying for filesharing? Come on. Boxes are just another tool. Like the bigger HDDs you buy to download with or the faster ISP line. Or all the blank DVDs to store the stuff.

People who say they don't pay for filesharing are the same guys who say they don't pay for sex. Guess what? One way or another...you pay.
    +1
    Last edited by squirr3l; 10-30-2007 at 10:21 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    overseeding is and will be the biggest problem for trackers. it's a vicious circle.

overseeded - no leecher - more overseeded - less leecher...

many trackers don't realise, that leecher are more important than high buffers.

a good tracker user should have a ration close to 1:1.

ridicoulous high ratios hurt the tracker. some people will never understand this.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I like iPlay's point of view about overseeding:
    Give others a chance to seed. If your ratio on a single torrent is already above 2.0, you should give others the chance to seed too. Overseeding will only make it hard or even impossible for others to keep a good ratio.
    Everybody likes to have a nice ratio and jump to the next user class, and sometimes we just abuse it by overseeding. But we all should think about this quote while overseeding. (besides, there's really no need to have a huge buffer since most places won't allow you to h&r... well, unless your aiming for a future trade :/
    Last edited by kaffeine; 10-30-2007 at 10:39 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    ♥ FST Lover ♥ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    its hard to say, some people have high connection speeds and others have slow speeds ...i mean really slow .. people with high speeds upload a lot which gives users the ability to download faster ...look if no one had fast speeds, you guys would complain that the speeds are crap ...basically users with slow crap speeds try to leave your PC on 24/7 and eventually you'll keep a good ratio ..OR GET FASTER connection. Remember you get what you pay for ..some people are just too cheap to spend money on a better ISP thats all ... i do understand that some people cant really afford it or whatever the reason is but users with high speeds do indeed contribute a lot in the bittorrent world....

Wishing for: SweDVDR

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast