Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your seedbox kills my ratio

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    I like iPlay's point of view about overseeding:
    Give others a chance to seed. If your ratio on a single torrent is already above 2.0, you should give others the chance to seed too. Overseeding will only make it hard or even impossible for others to keep a good ratio.
    Everybody likes to have a nice ratio and jump to the next user class, and sometimes we just abuse it by overseeding. But we all should think about this quote while overseeding. (besides, there's really no need to have a huge buffer since most places won't allow you to h&r... well, unless your aiming for a future trade :/
    another big tracker has the same rule - nobody cares about it.
    buffers are worthless with a hit and run rule.
    that's another thing many people don't get.

people buffer accounts for invites and for trading.
    they don't do it because they want to dl more.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    ♥ FST Lover ♥ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    I like iPlay's point of view about overseeding:
    Everybody likes to have a nice ratio and jump to the next user class, and sometimes we just abuse it by overseeding. But we all should think about this quote while overseeding. (besides, there's really no need to have a huge buffer since most places won't allow you to h&r... well, unless your aiming for a future trade :/
    another big tracker has the same rule - nobody cares about it.
    buffers are worthless with a hit and run rule.
    that's another thing many people don't get.

people buffer accounts for invites and for trading.
    they don't do it because they want to dl more.
    hey dude my buffer on czone is pretty high ..and its not hard ..i dont do it for trading at all .. i do it cuz it helps people get the files faster ...everyone hates waiting ages for a file they want ... Also if no one had good speeds on a tracker .. this bittorrent thing would go down the drain ...

PS: You get what you pay for !

Wishing for: SweDVDR

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    there are always fors and pros for seedboxes
    fors, if u are a downloader, u get it very fast

pros, damage people lifes (torrent life i mean)
    so it has to be balanced
    i guess i dont want to download a movie in 10 hours cuz the uploaders are at very low speeds

it is confusing,
    but normally people get seedboxes just to get something more than the material they download
    i assure u that there are people who just download stuff just to build ratio, they never use it. (i do that sometimes)

Left out

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    its not the seedboxes, its the users who think they just HAVE to buff up their accounts so they can hit and run later (or trade it later?)
    Buffing accounts excessivly kills other peoples ratio's. Everything has to even out, so if your getting 5.00+ ratio on a torrent, theres 5 people out there with 0.
    Seed, but stop the excessive buffing people! no one likes hit and runners anyway!
    I agree. I invited a member to Pedro's recently and looked at their account after some 2 days, to see the account had been buffered to almost 200GB already.

While he's obviously contributing, it harms the tracker and it's users as a whole. Cut it out, you arses.

but seedboxes help people getting the files faster, which is also important
    i personnaly don't like leeching something for 5 days

the worst thing of all is buffering an account with "drinks on me" torrent on e***o, where you eat up the uploader ratio...!

except this case, i don't see anything bad using seedboxes if not done excessively, it's a great help for any site

next time you want to upload something in pedro's, i'll let you use my box if you want
    Last edited by KFlint; 10-30-2007 at 11:40 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I agree people should not over seed by 10x the file size if one a person has given double then give others a chance as well the only problems i see could would be that speed could be effected but i can't see harm in that if there is 20+ seeders on the torrent

I can't see why people would need 200 gig + extra uploaded for what when they hardly download anything in the first place it's not as if they are going to plan a mass leech atack and take every thing the site has
    Last edited by sleepyy; 10-30-2007 at 11:20 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ♥ FST Lover ♥ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    sometimes i just over-seed cause theres a lot of leechers and some people seriously have shit connection and cant upload for beans..leaving all the leechers struggling behind for days or even weeks which is kinda lame.

Wishing for: SweDVDR

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    I agree people should not over seed by 10x the file size if one a person has given double then give others a chance as well the only problems i see could would be that speed could be effected but i can't see harm in that if there is 20+ seeders on the torrent

I can't see why people would need 200 gig + extra uploaded for what when they hardly download anything in the first place it's not as if they are going to plan a mass leech atack and take every thing the site has
    Some people with seedboxes in particular probably figure...
    I paid for X gigs transfer a month. Might as well use it or lose it...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post

Some people with seedboxes in particular probably figure...
    I paid for X gigs transfer a month. Might as well use it or lose it...
    You could do that with 25 torrents instead of 5 torrents you get the same effect and gives others a chance to seed as i said the only downside to this if seedboxes stop seeding say after double then speed will fall and be efected also where do 25 torrents hit at the same time from the same box i don't think people do that as they don't have 25 torrent's to upload at once but that's my opinion i don't know because i have never been an uploader or even owned a seedbox. i like to download very quickly i do not enjoy waiting hours for my downloads so there is an up and a down side to this

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I notice alot of people here saying that it would be good if people stopped seeding after a ratio of 2, yet to get to higher user classes on many sites you need to have both uploaded a great deal 1tb is pretty much standard and have ratios that are + 3 or 4 so many sites encourage super seeding. Then of course there is the e-penis crowd who go around quoting their 1337 stats like it is a badge of honor. The sites do well by a high throughput, the more users uploading and downloading the torrents and / or the higher the data transfer rates the more attractive the tracker. A simple answer to resolve these issues is to follow the ftn model and remove ratio's completely, as the staff said at the time they are not in the business of selling ratio's so they removed them. There is a place for seedboxes, they are needed to upload efficiently so that you can get your super fast file transfer speeds when you first connect to a new torrent and as melvin said many complain here when the file transfer is slow, but you want everyone to play nice and stop seeding when they get to a certain ratio...... why should they? it is not a case of h&r it is a case of finding something that is an old torrent that is already well seeded and being able to go oh well I can grab that because your buffer that you built up can easily absorb the download without a warning. You still seed after the download knowing full well that no one will probably download the torrent again but it gives you the freedom to be able to look around and get what you want at leisure instead of hovering over the new torrents and agonising whether your ratio can take the hit, so screw it why shouldn't we do it ! In the end ratio's don't make a site good or bad it is the torrents and the amount of activity generated by the them that makes them more attractive, ScT is seedbox city but you all rave about the super fast speeds there, news of the day you can't have your cake & eat it too..........
    Last edited by Artemis; 10-31-2007 at 01:24 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I notice alot of people here saying that it would be good if people stopped seeding after a ratio of 2, yet to get to higher user classes on many sites you need to have both uploaded a great deal 1tb is pretty much standard and have ratios that are + 3 or 4 so many sites encourage super seeding. Then of course there is the e-penis crowd who go around quoting their 1337 stats like it is a badge of honor. The sites do well by a high throughput, the more users uploading and downloading the torrents and / or the higher the data transfer rates the more attractive the tracker. A simple answer to resolve these issues is to follow the ft.n model and remove ratio's completely, as the staff said at the time they are not in the business of selling ratio's so they removed them. There is a place for seedboxes, they are needed to upload efficiently so that you can get your super fast file transfer speeds when you first connect to a new torrent and as melvin said many complain here when the file transfer is slow, but you want everyone to play nice and stop seeding when they get to a certain ratio...... why should they? it is not a case of h&r it is a case of finding something that is an old torrent that is already well seeded and being able to go oh well I can grab that because your buffer that you built up can easily absorb the download without a warning. You still seed after the download knowing full well that no one will probably download the torrent again but it gives you the freedom to be able to look around and get what you want at leisure instead of hovering over the new torrents and agonising whether your ratio can take the hit, so screw it why shouldn't we do it ! In the end ratio's don't make a site good or bad it is the torrents and the amount of activity generated by the them that makes them more attractive, ScT is seedbox city but you all rave about the super fast speeds there, news of the day you can't have your cake & eat it too......... As I said earlier ftn.n has pointed the way.
    I aint readin all that

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast