Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what is love?do u belive it?

kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsdale View Post
    Don't just make it, spray it everywhere....
    I guess if we stay in the aim of this topic, this practice is less likely to be love, and more akin to infidelity or promiscuity. Somewhat incongruent principles when we think about what love is/should be
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

2. Lounge   -   #32
    dinsdale's Avatar Poster
    did I say spray? I meant spread...

3. Lounge   -   #33
    dinsdale's Avatar Poster
    Not sure I understand, do we believe love exists? Proving existence of a concept can be tricky, people tried that with God.... Is love simply lust or biology? That is a futile, though interesting discussion! Not sure dissecting it makes it any less amazing, just adds even more dimensions to it I guess. If I salivate when I see cake, science could explain how the brain tells glands to do whatever, but not necessarily why I like cake!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    It's a tennis score. Or lack thereof.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    I think love grew out of a biological necessity. Survival of the species and all that. Once the quality of our life improved, and relationships were more than just procreation of the species and basic survival, those *softer* sides of our needs and wants were allowed to flourish.

I suppose the notion of love has evolved over time (consider the Victorian's very sickly-sweet view), and always will. I think love is more than a physiological reaction, although it is how we mostly describe it because of the physical sensations that it creates within us. Your reference to the parallel argument over 'is there a God' is a good one.

Love is a leap of faith and a matter of belief. You cannot understand it externally or abstractly. One either feels it or they don't. Both experiences are real. If one feels no love, and doubts its existence, then from their experience that is true; but to suggest that it doesn't exist in others is a step out of bounds. It is not up to us to question the experiences of others. If they feel it, so it is.

Reminds of Descarte: I think therefore I am.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    I think love grew out of a biological necessity. Survival of the species and all that. Once the quality of our life improved, and relationships were more than just procreation of the species and basic survival, those *softer* sides of our needs and wants were allowed to flourish.

I suppose the notion of love has evolved over time (consider the Victorian's very sickly-sweet view), and always will. I think love is more than a physiological reaction, although it is how we mostly describe it because of the physical sensations that it creates within us. Your reference to the parallel argument over 'is there a God' is a good one.

Love is a leap of faith and a matter of belief. You cannot understand it externally or abstractly. One either feels it or they don't. Both experiences are real. If one feels no love, and doubts its existence, then from their experience that is true; but to suggest that it doesn't exist in others is a step out of bounds. It is not up to us to question the experiences of others. If they feel it, so it is.

Reminds of Descarte: I think therefore I am.
    it all looks good on paper very far from reality..i still strogly belive.. its just a trick of nature ...like animals have animal instincts.. people have lovestincts(lovestinks)......yeah of course its always true that "People always see what they want to see"
    Last edited by stitched; 10-31-2007 at 07:21 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    its just psychological behaviour, theres no believe or not believe, its just when you care for someone and you kiss them and give them things etc. just use your common sense.

yep, adults can be stupid sometimes all the time.

and when people "really" love someone its just an excuse to put their cok up them. true
    One day you will just look into someones eyes and you will be smitten.

I have further news for you. As of yet you don't know the sex of the person that you will fall in love with. You will have no control over it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    its just psychological behaviour, theres no believe or not believe, its just when you care for someone and you kiss them and give them things etc. just use your common sense.

yep, adults can be stupid sometimes all the time.

and when people "really" love someone its just an excuse to put their cok up them. true

I have further news for you. As of yet you don't know the sex of the person that you will fall in love with. You will have no control over it.
    yeah your right, im currently in love with this girl called Krystal Steal, i have no control over the urge to download her movies and masterbate wildly, oh i feel in love

btw shes a women

9. Lounge   -   #39
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

yeah your right, im currently in love with this girl called Krystal Steal, i have no control over the urge to download her movies and masterbate wildly, oh i feel in love

btw shes a women
    You amaze me.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #40

btw shes a women
    hmmmm...Reminds me of an old saying: Me thinks he doth protest too much.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast